- when she is begging for food (and she is a TERRIBLE beggar), she sneezes to get your attention.
- if you are eating something with a recognizable size - like a sandwich or a piece of pizza - she starts to seriously panic as it gets very small, and she realizes you may not be planning to share.
- when we go for a walk in the morning, she keeps an eye peeled for worms on the sidewalk - she loves nothing more than to roll all over them. Sometimes, she digs them up in the grass to roll on them there, too.
- she is a good watch dog (much better than Hanna), but she sometimes thinks we are being followed. One time, she was sure the autumn scarecrow set up outside the psychic's place was following us down PCH.
- she likes to sleep under the covers.
- she adores her big sister Hanna, and also likes to terrorize her by attacking Hanna as she runs by.
- she doesn't REALLY like carrots, but eats them because Hanna does.
- she doesn't snore very often, but she squeaks in her sleep.
- her doggie boyfriends include Harley the Jack Russell and Jacques the French Bull Dog.
- and finally, she is the best basenji-mix ever, and is one of my babies.
So, Happy Birthday, Noodles!
p.s. Since she shared equally in Hanna's cake, no cake for the girls again tomorrow.