Thursday, March 20, 2008


The headlines today say - "Dems leaning toward Clinton". I was sickened, I was panicked. Then I investigated. They base that statement - on one poll - Gallup. The headline ignores that every other pool has Obama leading . . .


Real Clean Politics Average
03/13 to 03/19
47.2% - Obama
44.2% - Clinton
Obama +3.0%


Gallup Tracking
03/17 - 03/19
43% - Obama
48% - Clinton
Clinton +5.0%


Rasmussen Tracking
03/16 - 03/19
46% - Obama
43% - Clinton
Obama +3.0%


CBS News
03/15 - 03/18
46% - Obama
43% - Clinton
Obama +3.0%


CNN
03/14 - 03/16
52% - Obama
45% - Clinton
Obama +7.0%


USA Today/Gallup
03/14 - 03/16
49% - Obama
42% - Clinton
Obama +7.0%


Reuters/Zogby
03/13 - 03/14
47% - Obama
44% - Clinton
Obama +3.0%
Ok, so that problem solved, but here is my dilemma. The presidential race is making me ill - I can't stand the stress of who will win the democratic nomination. I can't stand the stress of the idea of McCain as president. I can't stand the idea that this country may never recover from the damage done by Bush. These are thoughts that keep me awake at night. And I'm becoming addicted to keeping track of every blip on the screen about the elections.
How do I save myself from myself?

7 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Move to Canada? I'm being sarcastic, but there are days it has its appeal.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

When I get to that point, I have to cut myself off from the news cold turkey for several days sometimes. Read or listen (something light), get outside, just chill and try to remember that it will pass. :)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage and tiffany - both good suggestions!

2:36 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I basically do what tiffany norris does. I rarely watch television news (it's so inflammatory anyway, and I'm not just talking about "Decision 2008"), and there comes a point where I even limit my online news. I used to be much more politically plugged in, but I found I was getting too angry and I was having trouble processing the rage. In the name of self-preservation, I had to start limiting the amount of news I could expose myself to.

5:15 PM  
Blogger LA said...

http://tiny.cc/vc6r5

Interesting story about a GOP senator whose had enough.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

You could always drown away watching bad reality tv!

I stopped paying as much attention to the news...it just seems that everyday its something else!

7:05 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I also don't pay attention to the news. It's way too depressing. The damage Bush has done? How about the damage of Bush, Bush and Reagen? I don't know how I'm going to cope if we end up with another Republican in office. If it was that easy to move to Canada, I'd already be there.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home