Tuesday, September 01, 2009


This is my mom's dog, Matty. Matty is, indisputably, the love of her life. Poor Matty had a rough start - my friend Shana, who works with a bunch of dog rescue groups, found a shivering little animal near a friend's house in Long Beach. The then mostly hairless little thing was Matty. She's about 8 lbs., and has bad back legs, but has a lot of spunk. With much trepidation on my mom's part, she left Matty with Sam and I for a few days while she went to Vegas. Of course, everything was fine, and Sam was a very good natured, co-hostess.

Sam and I weren't walking a whole lot with Matty in tow, so when she went home, we went for a long walk on Sunday. Sam enjoyed the nice weather!


I'm very excited for the start of the NFL season! Love chilly Sundays, knitting on the couch, watching football, and of course, football pools! Yay, Autumn! When it finally gets here . . . we've been experiencing very hot weather, and many parts of Los Angeles are experiencing dangerous and destructive fires. With cooler weather on the way, hopefully, the situation will get under control.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

And pumpkin spice lattes!
Hope those fires are out soon.

6:18 AM  
Blogger sage said...

It feels like fall already here--it's already been in the low 40s a couple of mornings! Sam looks to be enjoying herself and Matty looks to be pretty spunky.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

The weather was so bad here this summer that I'm not ready for fall!!! As for football, I think the Bills are going to suck again this year so the won't be much fun to watch! I do think I'm going to take a trip to Arkansas to visit some friends and go to a college football game there....

5:32 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

I'm excited about the start of the NFL season too, but we still have another week to wait. I only caught one Charger pre-season game - the win over the Arizona Cardinals. At least I can watch my UCLA Bruins this weekend.

8:08 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Sam doesn't really look like she wants to walk anymore.

You would love it here with the Football. I feel like a total outsider because I seem to be the only one in this state waiting for hockey to start.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Only reason I don't look forward to fall is what comes next. Other than that, fall is my second fav season, spring is first!

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home