Thursday, August 27, 2009



Yesterday I did something that I have always wanted to do - took a day off from work and went to a ball game - the Angels playing the Detroit Tigers! My neighbor Christina was game, and we headed out to Angels stadium. Fortunately, our tickets were in the shade - when we got back to my car about 4 pm, it was still 104 degrees in Anaheim. The hot dog was yummy, and the beer was cold. I even bought a souvenir - a Torii Hunter t-shirt, which will now limit my ability to make fun of grown men wearing jerseys. It was a GREAT way to spend an afternoon, and the Angels won 4-2.
I've been trying to organize and de-clutter my home, one little nook or cranny at a time. One benefit of this is finding books I bought a while ago, and forgot about. One of these is Queen of Babble.
First, let me acknowledge that chick lit (besides Bridget Jones' Diary and Waiting to Exhale), is not generally my genre of choice, but so far, at least, Queen of Babble is well written and entertaining.
To offset this estrogen rush, on my iPod I'm listening to Double Indemnity, classic noir. It's impossible to listen to the book without picturing the film version with Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson. In fact, I recently saw that movie on the Turner Classic Movies station. It's a short and sweet listen, and I'm enjoying it alot.
TCM is currently my favorite TV station. All summer they are devoting each day to a certain actor or actess. Last Sunday was a day devoted to Angela Lansbury. I loved getting to see Gaslight, Death on the Nile and The Picture of Dorian Gray.
How is your week going?

5 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Sorry to hear about yesterday (living in MI, I have to be a Tiger fan when it's the AL--but my heart still belongs in Pittsburgh). I'm glad you had a good time, Diane. And no, I had not heard of the theaterical version of Little House. Thanks for the head's up. Do you know if it is a touring show?

12:40 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Yes! It's a touring show.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I week would have been better if I was at a baseball game instead of work! Work has not been fun but that happens sometimes=)

I'm also trying to slowly declutter, I'm sick of having so much stuff that I don't use...

6:19 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Busy week! Yes, Meg Cabot is definitely a quality chick-lit writer. Good stuff. And what fun to have an Angela Lansbury day! Did you squeeze in an episode of Murder, She Wrote?

6:22 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Now I think that was the only game the Tigers lost to the Angels in that series. Like sage, I'm here in MI! :o)

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home