Wednesday, November 07, 2007



Today I got word that I achieved a really, really good result for a client, and the client is thrilled - so I got that going for me this week.

My downstairs neighbor/tenant had his kitchen sink back up. Unfortunately, it connects to the sink in the garage where the washing machine drains. The drain guy unstuck the drain pretty easily, but now my garage smells like dead fish. I'm not yet sure if this is because of the drain, or if something has actually died in there.

This all happened on Monday and Tuesday, so when my housekeeper came on Tuesday morning, she couldn't do any washing. She's such a nice lady that she offered to come back on Saturday to wash my clothes. I told her that wasn't necessary, but I realize now that she took my dirty sheets with her to wash, to make sure there will be another set of clean sheets to put on the bed next week. Talk about good service . . . she has been working for me for years, and the dogs love her too.

The Writers Guild strike has made me realize how little network tv I actually watch. One show that I do turn into occasionally (and am watching as I write this) is Criminal Minds. It's creepy in a Vincent Price sort of way. The only new show I have watched more than once is Chuck - sure it's goofy, but pretty good. In all honesty though, I can't say it will really affect my life much if tv production is shut down.

My handyman is coming by Saturday for some upkeep . . . maybe he can find what is stinking up the garage . . .

And my goal for tomorrow is to eat less candy than I ate today.

8 Comments:

Blogger THN said...

Hey, where you out walking today, around 12:30? Headphones on?

10:15 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

adam - wasn't me! I was at work all day . . .

6:31 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

A candy-less day, dunno 'bout that! {grin}

Writers' strike doesn't affect me, watch PBS most of the time.

BUT... now this will show my mentality... watch 'Two and a Half Men'.

Hey! I love comedy!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Congratulations on the happy client! But I'm sorry to hear about your plumbing woes.

My network TV viewing was interrupted by the CMAs last night, so I popped in a netflix DVD. I think it's going to be all netflix, all the time for the duration of the strike.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

The Writer's Guild is on strike?

Actually... I heard something about that, too. But yeah. It's not affecting me much, either.

9:36 AM  
Blogger THN said...

I thought the dog was too white. Glad I didn't chase after her. I already get weird looks because I've kept my Halloween mustache.

2:48 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Your cleaning lady sounds awesome! I go back and forth about getting one.

Congrats about work, it's great to actually feel like your work is good and makes a difference once in awhile!

7:13 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Congratulations! Sounds like things are going well for you at work, and except for plumbing problems, not bad at home. sounds like you have a good cleaning person.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home