Saturday, November 03, 2007



I confess . . . I am in a funk. Work is busy and stressful, not much is going on in my personal life, and I haven't felt all that great.

I need to do something this weekend to try to break out and cheer up.

On the calendar for this weekend: late lunch with the family, and tonight I am invited to a Halloween party, but don't much feel like going. I brought work home, and need to spend some time there, or next week will be as stressful as this one was . . . . Ok, none of those seem to the ticket . . . . Maybe a long walk? Or a bike ride? Shopping for a treat for myself? Going to a movie?

Any suggestions? What do you do to cheer yourself up? And thanks for listening to me whine.

8 Comments:

Blogger NY KAT said...

Whenever I'm feeling down I force myself to be busy and be around people. You should do some work today to get caught up and then go to the Halloween party. It might be just what you need! I long walk on the beach with the dogs might help too.

9:56 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I'd drive out into the desert and find a hot spring to soak my troubles away--that's one (of many) things I miss about the West--I was never too far from a good soak. If commiseration helps, I've supposedly doing work now, but I can't concentrate

1:31 PM  
Blogger norm said...

Visit Norm's blog?

6:48 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Hang in there, Diane. Just think... you have an awesome class to look forward to this week.

I hope your weekend has improved by the time you read this. And don't forget to fall back and enjoy an extra hour of sleep.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I like scream and be bitchy when I'm feeling down. Why should I suffer in silence?

11:26 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

I either take a nap with my dog or clean the house. :) Hope you're feeling better, and congrats on your winnings! (Sorry about the Chargers, though.)

7:49 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I play hockey. I recommend it. You'd be great on the ice! But usually when I'm down, I tend to mire in it, and I don't recommend that at all. Time with Wally helps. Want to rent him?

10:02 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

This is really odd, because I just posted the same type of post on my blog. When you find the secret, please let me know Diane.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home