Sunday, November 04, 2007


I picked up my pool winnings yesterday, and in the last month I have added nearly 400 dollars to my vacation coffee can. This is just about enough money for a deposit on a return to Yellowstone for Wolf Watching in January.
The couple that guided the trip last year are offering a trip this January through their own company. We will stay in old cabins right in Yellowstone, and this trip will be a bit more active (more snowshoeing!) and take us farther into the back country to see the wildlife. Since I now have all the gear and clothes for freezing temperatures, I'll be good to go!
Next week, LA and I start a lace shawl knitting class. Needless to say, once we complete our (sort of) matching shawls, I will insist we both wear them whenever we are in the same room.
Did you remember to turn back your clocks? I forgot my bedside clock automatically re-sets, so I almost set it back twice, and mistakenly thought I had gotten up an hour earlier than I had.
I watched Blades of Glory last night. Yes, it is kind of (ok, really) dumb, but pretty funny too. Will Ferrell is so good at being silly, and Will Arnett and Amy Poehler are hilarious.
I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday, and go Chargers!
Addendum - with the Chargers piss poor showing against the Vikings, I have been knocked out of my Suicide Pool (No, it doesn't mean I'm going to commit suicide - it means each week you must pick a new team to win, and if you lose that game, you are knocked out). It costs 20 bucks to enter, and the winnings are about $5,000 - or in my case - the cash to pay for that dream safari to Botswana.
The Chargers are my team, and I don't have the language skills to describe the team's performance without swearing alot, but I'll give it a go. QB Philip Rivers was bumbling. The coaching was inept. The defense, especially the tackling and coverage, was lacksadaisical. Running Back LaDainian Tomlinson and tight end Antonio Gates were underutilized. On the positive side, punter Mike Scifres played a helluva game, and Antonio Cromartie set an NFL record with a 109 yard run for a TD. Oh well, maybe I'll win the lottery.

14 Comments:

Blogger NY KAT said...

I hope you are doing better today!

I want to see Blades of Glory..then again there are tons of movies I want to see lately.

The trip you are planning sounds like a lot of fun! I haven't been snowshoeing in a really longtime.

10:11 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Good thing I'm making my shawl in the color of denim - to match everything in my wardrobe!

That's cool that your vacay fund is rapidly growing from your football earnings!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

No, of course I forgot to turn back the clocks. I'm completely hopeless about that stuff.

BTW you've been tagged, baby!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Oh, and you're tagged too LA!

11:27 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Aw hell, Pru!

Actually, I needed a nudge. I've been a blog slacker of late. It's just you're a tough act to follow.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

At least you're not a Broncos fan.

*sigh*

6:55 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Sorry about the Chargers but I can't believe you do so well in the pools--I only get wet (I know, bad joke). Yellowstone sounds nice again--I'm envious

7:54 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

kat - I did it (snow shoeing) for the first time last year, and really enjoyed it

la - ooooo - denim will be pretty!

pru - I'll get working on the meme!

princess - they are really having a tough season . . .

sage - all I can figure is that I have always been good at multiple choice tests

8:09 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

See how many extra syllables you had to use just so you wouldn't swear?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Well, I'm a long-suffering Lions fan but, alas, they are surprising the hell outa everyone... in second place with a 6 wins - 2 losses record so far!

(((fingers crossed)))

2:10 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - and it used up a lot more time and energy too!

karen - I have picked them the last couple of weeks in my pools - they are definitely the pleasant surprise of the season!

2:22 PM  
Blogger THN said...

I'm so disgusted. I have to admit, the Chargers suckered me in to thinking they had it right again. This second half of the season could be a downer.

3:12 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

It's always great to return to a special place and explore it more.

8:09 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

You travel so much and I'm beyond envious. Not envious enough to get a job or anything, but you know. Envious.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home