Monday, May 21, 2007

What can I say? I don't watch alot of reality tv, but I LOVE Dancing with the Stars, and tonight was the pay-off - the finals with Joey Fatone, Laila Ali and Apolo Ohno - the three stars I predicted would make it to the final round after the first show. (I could not have predicted how long Billy Ray Cyrus would stick around . . .)
There is something really fun about watching some of these stars develop as dancers (like Apolo - my personal favorite) and bust it out for the freestyle dance in the finals. Laila Ali suffered from the same miscalculation as Stacy Kiebler 2 years back - playing it too safe in the freestyle round. On the other hand, Apolo came out doing a hip hop/break dancing number with his teenaged partner, and it was a ton of fun. Joey came out and did a bunch of difficult lifts, and both fellas earned perfect scores. The girls and I cast our votes for Apolo, but I 'd be happy with either him or Joey winning the mirror ball trophy.

3 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Congratulations on your predictions coming true. Do you do stock tips too?

12:19 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Apollo is in it to win it.*

*I hate that saying, and yet, I still use it. Go figure.

3:44 PM  
Blogger v said...

I'd vote for Laila Ali. And it has nothing to do with her being hot. And by "nothing to do" I actually mean "everything to do."

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home