Monday, May 14, 2007




So we're down to the semi-finals of Dancing with the Stars, and I've just finished voting 15 times for Apolo Anton Ohno and his professional partner. They are so cute, and perform dances with incredibly complicated choreography. I mean, Laila Ali is good, but she is performing fairly simple routines. There is no way she deserved a 30 for her Cha Cha Cha when Apolo only got a 29 (Judge Len Goodman thought it was too raunchy . . .) In my book, the two strongest couples are Ohno and Joey Fatone . . . on the other hand, my getting behind any contestant or sports team is a pretty sure kiss of death.



Did anyone else catch the Sopranos Sunday night???? Not to give too much away, but my undoubtedly wrong theory is that Christopher isn't really dead, and is going to run to the FBI for witness protection. He'll testify against Tony and the boys, and Carmela will find out that Tony had Adriana killed . . . I'm also looking for something bad to happen to AJ. . . . This final season started a bit slow, but things are moving fast, as they rush to the final episode . . .

It's almost 10, and I can hear the fog horn out on the jetty . . . it's kind of cool and kind of ominous . . . Night, all . . . if anyone needs me, I'll be tucked in bed, knitting away . . .

11 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

So Billy Ray is gone?

4:11 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I love the sound of the foghorn at night--the sounds of the seas--but I can't relate to Dancing with the Stars or the Sopranos. However, a few blogs like yours and V's keep me from sounding stupid when the conversation shifts to these icons or pop culture.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Pru - just last week - Billy was the last of the dancers in the "no way they can win" group to go . . .

sage - hey - glad to help!

8:13 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Opps, had to stop reading this post @ the Sopranos. (Haven't seen the last two episodes.)

What a season so far!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm still on season 4 of Sopranos, so I quickly scrolled down with my eyes closed and wound up on your cat-tea pot post. Oops! Too far.

Apollo is just so cute! He's got my vote.

11:50 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - Last time, you wanted Emmitt, and he won. I think you're on a winning streak!

Off topic - I'm watching Keen Eddie, and I LOVE IT!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Don't know too much about the Sopranos or Dancing with the Stars, but the sound of a fog horn and being anywhere near a jetty warms my heart.

Michele sent me,

Mike

4:02 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I'm a big Apollo fan! He makes me want to go ice skating.

You are so lucky to live so close to the beach! I'm extremely jealous..

5:53 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I have loved this season of DWTS, and I am hoping that Joey will win. But they are all so good, that I think almost any of them can win it and I'll be happy. Last night's show was incredible! My daughter gave me tickets to see the tour of DWTS in June, and I can't wait!

I also thought that AJ would die or get into serious trouble. It appears he is headed there. You could be right about Christopher, I don't know. Michele sent me.

8:53 PM  
Blogger v said...

I'll admit I've seen a minute or three of DWTS. Hey, the girls are hot. And maybe there's a part of me that has a fever for the dance floor.

Oh wait, it's a fever for more cowbell.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home