Tuesday, May 15, 2007



This is what my new swimsuit (pictured) would look like if I was 25 years younger and alot thinner . . . nevertheless, it's not bad on me. Yes, my new swimsuit arrived in the mail today from Athleta.com, and it fits! I leave for Maui in 11 days, and it can't arrive soon enough. I'm cranky and stressed, and I just might alienate everybody in my life if I don't get away and to a beach soon . . . .

So, tomorrow night I may or may not be on a blind date. I haven't heard from . . . let's call him "Bob" . . . in about a week. If the date is on, I will definitely try and keep the crankiness to a minimum. Fortunately, we have golf in common, so I'm hoping to keep him enthralled with my stroke by stroke description of my last round of golf, culminating in a gritty par on the final hole. Either that, or I will wear something low cut. Alternatively, if things are not going so well, I can claim I need to get home to bathe my dogs.

I started a new audible book today on the way home from work - Simple Genius by David Baldacci. I've neve read any of his works before, but I do enjoy a good thriller. . . .

Tomorrow is a new day, and I hope to have better attitude . . . wish me luck!

12 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Good luck! Maui sounds relaxing.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Cute suit!

9:42 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

You ordered a bathing suit by mail and it fit? Miraculous! :)

"I'm cranky and stressed, and I just might alienate everybody in my life if I don't get away and to a beach soon."

Don't you live on the beach?

11:10 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - let me re-phrase "if I don't get away and to a beach far, far away, soon."

11:11 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Haha! Mish - People who live at the beach like to go to different beaches, and I cannot explain why that is.

Diane - Have you heard from "Bob" yet?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - yes, we are meeting at a restaurant near Fascist Island about 5:30 . . .

glad you like Keen Eddie!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

wahhhhhhhhhhh, i'm jealous!

12:52 PM  
Blogger v said...

I'm sure you look totally hot in your new swimsuit. All the surfers will be after you. Have a wonderful time in Maui!

And major lol@"Fascist Island" -- ha! As someone who went to school in the area, I don't remember MTV-land all too fondly.

5:19 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I know the feeling about NEEDING a vacation! The suit is cute.

6:06 PM  
Blogger LA said...

V - Did you go to UCI?

7:59 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

A good choice on the suit, Diane. It's very nice looking. I look forward to the Hawaii pictures!!

8:11 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

"Haha! Mish - People who live at the beach like to go to different beaches, and I cannot explain why that is."

Really? So a beach isn't just a beach? I must look into going to more beaches to fully investigate this.

Also, what is Fascist Island??? I need an American to Canadian dictionary just to follow this post!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home