Friday, May 25, 2007



Free at last, praise the Lord, I'm free at last . . .

and getting on a plane tomorrow at 8 am to Maui! I have books for Liz’s Summer Mystery Reading Challenge. I have my used copy of the The Ballad of the Flim-Flam Man for Maggie's Southern Reading Challenge. I have my new swim suit, my old running shoes, my mask, snorkel and fins, and some knitting. My brother is dog sitting Nanners and Noodles, and by 3 pm California time, I should be sitting on the patio at Kimo's in Lahaina drinking a cold beer and noshing on their kalua pork ribs . . .

I hope everyone has a nice, relaxing 3 day weekend, and my hope for this Memorial Day is that our troops will be home soon.

Aloha!

14 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Have a great time. I hope you enjoy the Flim-Flam Man and have plenty of warm sun and clear seas

5:51 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Sweeeeeeet!! Have fun!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hope that you have a fantastic time! Have a nice umbrella drink for me while reading on the beach.

9:00 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Enjoy your time in Maui and I share your hopes for Memorial Day.

9:01 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

*absolutely overwhelmed with jealousy*

9:56 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Have fun!!!

7:57 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I hope you have excellent weather! Don't forget the sunscreen. Books, beach and sun is a perfect combination.

12:13 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I hope everyone has a nice, relaxing 3 day weekend, and my hope for this Memorial Day is that our troops will be home soon.

Amen to that!

Enjoy Maui. It sounds like the perfect getaway.

2:47 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Have a FABULOUS time in Maui...! Hawaii! What a GORGEOUS place it is.....Hope the weather is perfect for you!

2:42 AM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

Get a tan for me! Happy reading! ;j

9:08 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

HAve fun in the sun!

6:58 AM  
Blogger v said...

You're probably having a wonderful time! Bring us back some great photos if you can. And how about some shells? Unless that hurts the environment or is against the law or something.

Seriously, have a marvelous time!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Sleep, eat, drink, read, relax...

did I miss anything!?!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so lucky... have a great time:)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home