Thursday, February 15, 2007



I'm in hell . . .

Originally, my flight this Saturday left at 6:30 am from OC to Salt Lake City. I then had a 1:45 layover. Delta kept pushing back the departure time from OC to where I now have 21 minutes to catch my connecting flight to Montana in SLC - not realistic. I spent more than 4 hours on hold with Delta last night and never was able to speak to a representative. I found an alternative flight out of Long Beach, and I did finally got through to Yahoo Travel, but they can't change my departure flight without speaking to Delta, and they couldn't get through before they closed for the day (though I think I was speaking to a woman in India).

I am on hold again now. I have been forced to listen to the same recordings regarding Delta's great service and new destinations. I'd rather listen to nothing. I don't know what else to do except go to the airport to try to get to speak to someone who can actually assist me. I know the weather has snarled airports, but there has to be a better way to do this.

I may go ahead and book the morning flight out of Long Beach, but I'm not sure if they will then let me use the connection in SLC to Bozeman if I have changed my itinerary.

Bottom line, I want to cry . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Sorry, Diane. I never fly Delta because they're horrible. I've narrowed it down to about 3 airlines I will allow myself to travel on. The fact that Air Canada is one of them makes it hard to get to many places. :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Sorry about this mess, but if you want to go anywhere in the intermountain west, you have to fly Delta and Skywest and go through SLC. When I lived out there, it seemed my second home was the Salt Lake airport.

I know Skywest had a number of flights a day to Bozeman, as they all took off from the E Concourse. I'm assuming you are flying Skywest from SLC to MT (if your flight is has a 4 digit number, that's probably the case). So you might want to call Skywest instead of Delta.

Skywest also flies in and out of S. CA (or they did 2 years ago) as a United feeder).

9:29 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - they aren't my first choice either

sage - the problem is I need to get into Bozeman noonish to meet up with the group, but I've just returned from the airport where I went to try to get this worked out in person . . . I am now flying out of LAX Saturday morning at 6 am, so I should get to SLC in plenty of time to make the flight to Bozeman . . . but what a nightmare!!!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear it's all going to work out... hope you have a blast.

2:18 PM  
Blogger LA said...

OMG, that SUCKS! Effing airlines! I see you got it worked out, though, so I'm glad! Are you still flying Delta on your new flight?

7:06 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Well this sounds like a headache and a half. Stay strong! The airlines just want you to hang up.

8:18 PM  
Blogger v said...

Yeah, what a potential mess. Thankfully you got it cleaned up before it got worse.

Have a wonderful time hiking and enjoying nature and the snow and everything. And I'll be praying LAX (and all your airports) go smoothly and swiftly.

Remember, mucho photographos! Gracias!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home