Saturday, February 10, 2007


Saturday round up . . . .

These are my current knitting projects:

A cardigan and socks. No, they are not meant to be worn together, though stranger things have happened in my wardrobe.






Today, I finished listening to Lonesome Dove - a 36 hour reading of the classic novel by Larry McMurtry. The book was also made into a true to the novel mini-series starring Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Diane Lane, Robert Urich, D.B. Sweeney, Danny Glover, Anjelica Huston, Chris Cooper and Rick Schroeder, among others. For me, this is THE classic Western epic, and I would recommend the book, mini-series and/or audible version to anyone that appreciates a good tale.

I just started "The Moonstone" audible book in my car, and am listening to "The Blade Itself" on my iPod.
In Blade, after a job goes horribly wrong--a pawn shop owner is shot--small-time burglar Danny Carter leaves the crime business behind for good. He is now a well-paid, respected construction manager in Chicago with a great girlfriend and a comfortable life. Then his former partner in crime, Evan McGann, is released from prison with plans to resume their alliance. Danny isn't interested, but Evan threatens to expose Danny's past, including his presence when the shop owner was shot; worse, he accosts Danny's girlfriend, Karen. Trapped, Danny agrees to Evan's plan: kidnap the son of Danny's boss. Danny hopes that he will be able to keep anyone from getting hurt, but it quickly becomes apparent that Evan can't be controlled - at least to everyone besides Danny. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but I know it won't be good.

I've got "Angel Chicken" slow cooking for Sunday night dinner, and tomorrow will try my first slow cooker dessert - Orange Toffee Pudding Cake. I'm still doing Nutrisystem, but tend to take the weekends off, and Sunday dinner is my weekly indulgence. The good news is that I have lost 7 lbs. since the beginning of the year!

Now that I have watched all the "Midsomer Murder" episodes I could find on Netflix, I am making my way through the "Inspector Morse" and the "Prime Suspect" BBC series, and am enjoying them both. A couple more arrived in the mail today, so I am happy to be freed of trying to find something worth watching on the telly.

And finally, I am happy to report we have been rodent free for a few weeks now! Thank you Victor Electronic Rat Trap!

10 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

ffleur - you are absolutely right! Though I do sort of love how not politically correct Morse is . . .

And the fact that the Helen Mirren character - Jane Tennyson - spoke non-stop drives me crazy!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

p.s. the woman Morse was hitting on in the show I watched last night turned out to be gay

4:11 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

How on earth do you have the time to watch all that stuff on DVD?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - there just aren't that many shows I watch regularly on tv, though I will add your's to my list!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - p.s. Lonesome Dove - the audible book - has been playing in my car for about 6 weeks . . .

7:01 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Congrats on the weight loss, Diane!

Are you using Blossom by Noro for that sweater? I really like the colorway. I'm so behind on my knitting... That reminds me, I need to get the evite out for this week.

11:22 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Good work on the weight loss! Plus, having a mouse-free house has to be a relief.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - thanks! the yarn is actually a bulky kureyon - though not really that bulky, and the shading is more subtle - I'm pleased with the colors - it will go well with jeans or gray or black slacks for work - I ordered some cool buttons from ABYC

mishy - thanks! and you're right!

11:39 AM  
Blogger v said...

Mucho props on the fat loss. And by now you're already in your cycle so I'm sure there's more fat loss in the future. Once again congrats.

I've seen most of the PRIME SUSPECT series (the most recent ones) and find them to be extraordinarily brilliant. Would be great to read a post when you finish viewing one or more of them.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Starla said...

I love D. B. Sweeney, I have Lonesome Dove on a two disc DVD set.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home