Friday, October 06, 2006


Ok, I really, really need to get this off my chest . . .

Since the gunman who tied up and shot 10 Amish school girls took the coward's way out and shot himself, can we go back to Henry VIII's times, and at least put his head on a stake somewhere for all the people who are "angry at God" (the killer's excuse) to see?

I never understood how people could attend public hangings in the Old West days, and I'm not generally a big proponent of the death penalty, but this is one public execution I would have shown up to see.

9 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Yeah, that one was especially heinous. Damn, there have been a lot of murders in schools and colleges lately. It's really disturbing, esp since my sis works at UCI.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - that is my alma mater . . .

10:39 AM  
Blogger ffleur said...

The Montreal Polytech massacre was very similar. A College, the gunman, tells all the men to leave, kills 14 women, then himself.

Men really hate women don't they? Or at least, they find it easy to kill us.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ffleur - I didn't realize the similarities. And I believe your observation is sad, but true.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

p.s. That is me - I screwed up my log in!

7:11 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Ffleur - Did 14 end up dying in that one? I knew that there were several critically injured but the death toll last I heard wasn't as high as that.

These are indeed crazy times.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just read that a 7th grader walked into a classroom with an AK47 and let off a shot into the ceiling. his backpack contained military manuals and hand drawn blueprints of the school. i'd be terrified to be in school these days.

ps i like the head on a stick punishment.

4:15 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

LA: the Montreal Polytech is from over 10 years ago. The one you are thinking of is Dawson College and yes, less people were killed.

4:26 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Thanks for straightening me out, Ffleur. You're right, I had definitely confused the two.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home