Thursday, October 05, 2006



Kidnapped is this season's best new drama. I am totally digging this show. This week we learned more about Conrad Cain's (Timothy Hutton) somewhat shady and criminal past involving the Irish mob in Queens. This show manages to pack alot of tense excitement into each episode - the best comparison would be "24". And like 24, I assume they will find a way to keep a new story line going next season. I've been a bit disappointed with Smith and Studio 60, but this show has made up for both.

Addendum - according to Dlisted, the show will stop production after 13 episodes, so I guess that solves next season's problem with a story line . . . . Guess I'll be back to watching Law and Order re-runs in no time . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger v said...

Hey Diane, great blog!

Yeah, I caught the first episode of "Kidnapped" and found it to be a good thriller. However I'm a huge "LOST" fan and heard such great things about "The Nine" that I was only able to catch "Kidnapped" on a Saturday. Anyway, I thought the first episode of "The Nine" didn't live up to the hype so I was going to watch "Kidnapped". But now with "Kidnapped" getting canceled due to low ratings I guess I'll be watching "Law & Order" instead.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

v - thanks for stopping by! I was very excited to find another Wire fan. They show re-runs of Kidnapped on USA - check it out while you can!

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home