Monday, August 27, 2007



Tomorrow night, my old college friend, Paul, and I are going to see Crowded House at the Greek Theater. Both Paul and I were big fans of Crowded House, and its prior incarnation, Split Enz. Both bands played boppy, semi-alternative, music during our college days.

It's been years since I saw a show at the Greek. If memory serves me, the last time I went was with Dave - the guy who had season ticket for the Kings at the Forum that were next to mine. Dave and I would date occasionally - that is until he showed up at one game with a woman and introduced her as his fiance.

Anywhoo, before that occurred, we went to the Greek to see Lynyrd Skynyrd and Ted Nugent - and neither act was in its prime. Most of the key guys from Skynyrd were alread dead, and Ted might as well have been. I expect that there will be less rebel clothing and Confederate flags on stage for the Crowed House show . . .

10 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

Split Enz?! Now that's a time machine band. They did have a couple catchy tunes.

Don't you just hate it when a date shows up with their future spouse?!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I think I saw X at the Greek once. Crowded House should be fun.

And OMG Wilco is playing there the very next night! I would loooove to see that show. Loooooooooooooooove!! OMG have I mentioned that I love Wilco?

4:51 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I LOVE the Finn's! I wish I had known they were playing - I would have gone. The sound at the Greek is awesome, but parking and getting in/out BLOWS! Have fun!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey now. Hey now.

11:54 AM  
Blogger LA said...

The Finn Bros rule, that should be an excellent show.

Don't dream it's over, Ryan.

12:22 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Have a great time. As for Dave, I'm speechless... And as a Southerner, I love Lynard Skynyrd, but without the Confederate battle flags

12:37 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

How was the band?

8:33 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh yeah, Ted Nugent is definitely a rebel clothing, Confederate flag kinda guy!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Aah yes, Crowded House. Should be a good show!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That should be a great show. I hope you enjoy!

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home