Monday, August 27, 2007



Tomorrow night, my old college friend, Paul, and I are going to see Crowded House at the Greek Theater. Both Paul and I were big fans of Crowded House, and its prior incarnation, Split Enz. Both bands played boppy, semi-alternative, music during our college days.

It's been years since I saw a show at the Greek. If memory serves me, the last time I went was with Dave - the guy who had season ticket for the Kings at the Forum that were next to mine. Dave and I would date occasionally - that is until he showed up at one game with a woman and introduced her as his fiance.

Anywhoo, before that occurred, we went to the Greek to see Lynyrd Skynyrd and Ted Nugent - and neither act was in its prime. Most of the key guys from Skynyrd were alread dead, and Ted might as well have been. I expect that there will be less rebel clothing and Confederate flags on stage for the Crowed House show . . .

11 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

Split Enz?! Now that's a time machine band. They did have a couple catchy tunes.

Don't you just hate it when a date shows up with their future spouse?!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I think I saw X at the Greek once. Crowded House should be fun.

And OMG Wilco is playing there the very next night! I would loooove to see that show. Loooooooooooooooove!! OMG have I mentioned that I love Wilco?

4:51 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I LOVE the Finn's! I wish I had known they were playing - I would have gone. The sound at the Greek is awesome, but parking and getting in/out BLOWS! Have fun!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey now. Hey now.

11:54 AM  
Blogger LA said...

The Finn Bros rule, that should be an excellent show.

Don't dream it's over, Ryan.

12:22 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Have a great time. As for Dave, I'm speechless... And as a Southerner, I love Lynard Skynyrd, but without the Confederate battle flags

12:37 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

How was the band?

8:33 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh yeah, Ted Nugent is definitely a rebel clothing, Confederate flag kinda guy!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Aah yes, Crowded House. Should be a good show!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That should be a great show. I hope you enjoy!

12:21 AM  
Blogger chunxue said...

During the World War II, Art Deco jewellery was abercrombie & fitch a very popular style among women. The females started abercrombie wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap abercrombie & fitch such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used abercrombie and fitch long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold abercrombie outlet rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead abercrombie & fitch sale of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry abercrombie clothing today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and discount abercrombie triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long abercrombie and fitch UK lines and curves.One example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco ring. Art Deco rings have abercrombie and fitch outlet sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home