Saturday, August 25, 2007

Happy Saturday! It's overcast and cool so far today, and I took advantage of that to ride the JB Fletcher down to the Bolsa Chica Wetlands for a hike. Y'all are spared a lot of photos of egrets today, because my camera batteries died a few minutes into the hike. But I did manage to snap a few photos . . .


A pretty yellow bird that I will try to identify from my birdwatching books.




















When I walked down a different path than usual, I found this stone plaque and the tree planted in memory of the mentioned gentleman. I would love to have someone do something similar for me after I am gone . . . a living tree planted in your honor is much better than just having a headstone in a graveyard in my humble opinion.




Back at home . . .all of the birdseed that is spilled from the feeder has resulted in some interesting foliage on my patio, including this corn stalk growing out from among my petunias,


but the hibiscus


and peruvian lilies


are doing well.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but I look forward to finding out!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I love overcast days on the beach!
Thanks for your donation Diane!
It means the world to me, and to the people whom I am raising the money for.

11:52 AM  
Blogger sage said...

of course, he got a tree and a tombstone (or sort of one). I want a bristlecone pine planted for me, they live extremely long lives and develop more and more character teh older they grow.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ryan - my pleasure - good luck to you!

Sage - good point, I guess I'd rather have my name on a memorial like this, or a bench in a park or on part of a coral reef (www.eternalreefs.com) than in a cemetery, though in truth, I also love touring old cemeteries!

1:15 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Hope you had a wonderful day!

My day was spent volunteering in the morning, cleaning (the joy), watching a crappy movie and grocery shopping! Now I just need to get a workout in, fun, fun!

3:36 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

That cloud cover really helped out at our football game this morning. Today is opening day for the season, and in addition to the scrimmage games, there's a carnival with game booths, food booths, etc. All was cool until the burnoff in the afternoon, then things got hot & humid.

Off to a BBQ with some friends from our off-road club now.

3:46 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I like the tree thing, too.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home