Saturday, August 18, 2007



Oh man, it is not yet 8:30 am, and my house smells sinfully good. I've got the slow cooker going with some barbecued ribs . . . I've marinated them overnight, browned them in the oven, and now they'll cook about 8 hours in the slow cooker. Like most slow cooker recipes, the food is actually better a day later after it rests, so we'll have them for dinner Sunday evening.

When the pot of dog stew is done, I'm heading off for a bike ride, and then planning to spend some time on the beach reading The Old Man and the Boy (my third book for Maggie's Southern Reading Challenge. ) The day promises to be a warm one, and the Pacific has been especially warm for the last month or so.

Oh well, I can hear Nanners barking at something, so I'd better go . . . have a great Saturday!

8 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I'm hungry--those ribs sound good!

I hope you enjoy The Old Man and the Boy. Ruark grew up across the river and down a bit from where I did (and about 50 years earlier), but I have fond memories of many similar experiences. If I remember correctly, he even talks about going to Masonboro Sound, which was just north of the Myrtle Grove Sound area where I lived from the summer before I started the 4th grade till I moved out in college. That's probably more than you wanted to know :)

8:58 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Sounds delicious!

I'll give you a call later about the game tonight.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - I am enjoying it . . . I appreciate the wisdom of the old man - both in dealing with people and in dealing with nature . . .

la - sounds good!

9:19 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Yes, those ribs do sound good indeed. I'm the only one in my household who enjoys food a day or two later. NO leftovers are safe here. Hope you enjoy your read and your Saturday.

5:00 PM  
Blogger v said...

So how'd those ribs turn out? Hmm, maybe you mention it in the next post.

9:58 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I bet they were good!!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ribs were awesome! :-)

7:26 AM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

What time do I come over? Oh, man you posted this when? Bet they are long gone! :D

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home