Wednesday, August 22, 2007



Living in Mayberry by the Sea, we don't have the luxury of home mail delivery. Mail is delivered to our local post office, where the residents all have po boxes. It actually is kind of cool - the post office becomes a bit of a meeting place, everyone knows the postal workers, and local announcements for lost dogs and upcoming community events are posted there.



Because I hate to go to the mall, I do most of my shopping online, and consequently, am always at the counter to pick up the package that inevitably won't fit into my box. Today, I had 3 packages to pick up:



1. First up, I received a tin of wonderful pecans (including pralines!) from Maggie at Maggie Reads. I have been participating in Maggie's Southern Reading Challenge, and she has been kind enough to hold a weekly drawing for some yummy Southern pecans. I was lucky enough to win, and can only add, thanks, Maggie!



2. Second up, three bras from Nordstrom. Shopping for bras is right up there with bathing suit shopping. Nevertheless, my lingerie wardrobe is at a point that if I was tragically hit by a car while walking alone on a dark road, the medical examiner would tag me as "homeless" when he took a look at my bra. So, I pulled off this skanky garment to use as a reference, and let my fingers do the walking on Nordstrom.com. The result - 3 of these bras - at $52 a piece. It could only be worse if they charged by the breast.



3. Lastly, was a free gift from Real Simple magazine. Let me say that this is a great magazine for any woman with a busy life. The unexpected gift is a notebook with plastic page holders so that readers can keep all the great articles, recipes, etc., that they pull out of the magazine in one place. Great idea, but I still haven't put my Belize and Yellowstone vacation photos into the already purchased albums.




And in one more reminder of why dogfighting and those who engage in it are despicable, the 53 pit bulls confiscated from Michael Vick's property will likely soon all be euthanized. Having been trained to fight, mistreated and abused, they are not candidates for adoption.

10 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I miss living in towns where everybody got their mail at the PO. As for your mail, the pecans sound wonderful and I'll withhold comments on the rest

12:58 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Loved those pecans...mmm...makes me miss the Deep South. :)
And, you're right, Real Simple is great. It's my absolute favorite.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael Vick is a skank! I'm ashamed to be from Atlanta because of him.

3:40 PM  
Blogger LA said...

God, that breaks my heart. Every pitbull I've known has been a total sweetheart.

Wacoals by chance?

4:52 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - the pecans are very, very good!

tdn - I love that magazine - so much great information

lynne - hey - the Falcons also have Warrick Dunn who is a class guy who does a lot of good deeds . . .

la - ding, ding, ding!

6:00 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I love Real Simple. I get tons of ideas and have never put a single one into practice. But in theory... it's GREAT!

Redneckville is similar to Mayberry by the Sea. If they don't have rural mail delivery, it's all done at the post office.

6:10 PM  
Blogger norm said...

Norm thinks it's a safe bet Vick will never play for the NFL again.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

cute bras. But I pegged I had you as a Victoria's Secret kind of girl. In much racier colors.

7:28 AM  
Blogger THN said...

Some team will eventually be desperate enough in a few years to take Vick.

1:02 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

I feel like I accomplished something by signing the petition! I'm also thrilled you liked the pecans. I'm behind on my drawing by a week...yikes. :(

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home