Monday, August 20, 2007



Today is the first day, of the rest of my life . . .

<---- my niece and I on the porch of our cabana in Belize ( March 2006)

It's Monday, so I must be starting my latest diet. I am having difficulty finding the motivation to eat less (and healthier) and exercise more. Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours preparing healthy meals for the week: a lowfat, crustless Asparagus Quiche, Lemon Chicken Couscous, Vegetable Chili, and some Confetti Corn Muffins. The recipes were obtained from cookbooks for "The Formula Diet", the "South Beach Diet" and Cooking Light. The food is all plentiful, tasty, and healthful. I know if I can stick with this long enough to "feel" thinner and healthier, the motivation to continue will increase. Wish me luck!

I spent a couple of hours yesterday cooking, and listening to James Lee Burke's Pegasus Rising, one of his Dave Robicheaux crime novels set in New Iberia, Louisiana, outside of New Orleans. I just discovered Burke, and enjoy his writing, having just finished Crusader's Cross. I also put the kitchen tv on (muted) to watch the Angels finally keep it together enough to take a second game from the Red Sox. No offense to Flix, but I hate the Sox . . .

Even though I live at the beach, I don't get out on the sand as much as I should. This weekend, I went swimming and laid on the beach reading both days - it was lovely! I also wish to offer up my back for any sunblock companies who want a photo example of what happens when you miss one spot with sunblock . . .

Yeah, it's a Monday, but here's to a good week for us all!

p.s. the slowcooker ribs were freakin' awesome!

p.p.s. According to Michael Vick's attorney: "Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."

This after he told the NFL he knew nothing about what others were doing on his property, and after he asked the public not to pass judgment, and to give him the opportunity to "clear his good name".

Here's hoping for a serious fine, jail time, and a lifetime ban from the NFL . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Good luck on your diet! I hear you on how hard it is. I've been eating yogurt like it's going out of style lately. The lemon chicken couscous sounds delish!

I would love to see how Michael Vick plans to 'clear his good name'. What a jerk! I read somewhere (dlisted??) that he was looking at a 24 month sentance. The NFL has yet to decide what they're going to do.

1:33 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Sounds like you're going to be eating well this week! Let's see, tonight it will be the Brewpub, tomorrow night Subway....

2:27 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I wish I lived at the beach. I used to live in Venice and miss being that close to the water. I have the same missed spot on my shoulder from last week.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I've just given up bread for the millionith time. Why does it have to be so delicious?

6:39 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I can appreciate your dislike for the Patriots, based on the fact they are very good. But why hate the Red Sox? Most seasons they just fall apart and lose.

Can't we all just join hands and hate the Yankees?!! (Aren't the Angels playing the Yankees now?)

Let's get some real hate going, Diane!!

9:21 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I hope Vick rots in jail while I drink a margarita at that beach house!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - the lemon couscous is pretty darn good

sage - the brewpub sounds pretty good too

edit - venice always seems like a cool place to live

pru - I'm not sure I could do that

flix - I never really hated the Pats until they beat the Chargers last year - I actually kind of liked them for beating the Raiders in the playoffs, a defeat the Silver and Black has never recovered from . . .I used to hate the Yankees more than the Sox, but ever since the Yanks collectively neutered themselves in losing 4 straight to the Sox in the ALCS, they've been more pitiful than hateable . . . but I can be probably be persuaded

la - isn't it a beautiful locale?

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home