Sunday, August 12, 2007



I started knitting up a (hopefully) quick summer project. While it may appear to be a scarf, it is actually the left front of Askew
from knitty.com, and it is supposed to look like this when it is finished. According to the pattern, the pieces will be small, and then must be "blocked" (aka stretched into the proper shape) after they are knitted . . . but I think this piece will have to be BLOCKED to within a strand of yarn of its life.

Took the Jessica Fletcher bicycle out for a spin this morning down to the Bolsa Chica jetty, and found a bunch of folks enjoying the morning fishing and surfing. I didn't stop for a Bloody Mary on the way home, but that was more a function of the pub not being open yet than any great restraint on my part.

I'm about half way through Harry Potter . . . oh, and half way through a bottle of pinot grigio. We'll see how much more of a dent I make in either or both today.

11 Comments:

Blogger ffleur said...

Hi Diane,

I am falling in love with your bike. So I searched the internet but couldn't find it. Where did you get it?

I found this sweet one:
http://www.raleighusa.com/items.asp?deptid=7&itemid=421&childid=695. Its in the 400 - 700 US$ range.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Harry Potter and pinot grigio... think I'll try that next Sunday.

Thx for the tip!! {grin}

1:34 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ffleur - the bike is a Princess Sovereign from Pashley, an English bicycle company. I got it through a company in Utah, but there are probably dealers in Canada. http://www.pashley.co.uk/

karen - it doesn't suck!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ffleur - i like those raleighs too - very cool

2:39 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Yup, I'm still jealous that you live by the beach.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

OOOH! How far did you get? (In both the bottle of Pinot and HP?) I just finished HP, myself, and I loved it, but want to discuss it with someone. I thought the last chapter felt very rushed and almost felt like an afterthought. I'm looking for validation.

9:32 PM  
Blogger v said...

That Askew looks hot!

And great photograph!

10:46 PM  
Blogger LA said...

V chimes in pro-knitting! Anything made with my favorite yarn, Silk Garden, is A-OK with me.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I like this post because it involves things related to both of my jobs. Knitting and Angela Lansbury.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I like that top! I have a beginner's knitting book, but got so frustrated just untangling the yarn that I haven't begun the project yet. :(

2:10 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

That top is very cute. It has pizazz!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home