Friday, January 26, 2007



Such a nice surprise!

I just got a call from the gal who runs the local pub's football pool and found out that I tied for the most wins for the whole season (I'm probably the only one who played every week, but I digress . . . ) and my half of the winnings for the progressive pool is $277!!! This will go into my vacation fund coffee can, to be emptied in 3 weeks when I go to Yellowstone! Now I'm off to play 9 holes of golf with my brother, in anticipation of the tournament on Monday. Will my luck hold out? Here's hoping so!

8 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

Nice!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger kookla@work said...

We're going to rename you Sporty Spice!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - thanks!

kookla - it doesn't come natural to me, but I'm trying

6:38 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Hey, that's a happy Friday. I like that the people from the pub have your home phone number. ;)

6:41 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That is quite the windfall. Congrats!

8:33 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I get more and more envious when I read about your yellowstone trip! Congratulations on winning the pool

5:14 AM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

ohmygawd. i think i'm more jealous you're going to yellowstone than the whole money thing.

2:24 PM  
Blogger v said...

Wonderful news! And I'm sure winning had a little to do with your Football acumen.

Best of luck with the golf tourney!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home