Wednesday, January 24, 2007



My horoscope for today is:

"It's time to recharge, regenerate and reconnect with your body and the earth. Make hiking or a yoga class a regular part of your schedule. Once you find your center, everything will fall into place."

This is just the advice I'm happy to receive these days. I've been making a real effort to get off my tush and move. I've been walking many miles, hitting the gym some, and even made it to another yoga class yesterday. I feel great, and between the activity and Nutrisystem, I have lost 6 lbs. this year. And with all the walking, I am burning through books on tape on my iPod - right now I am on an Agatha Christie kick. If I was coordinated enough to knit while I walked, I'd be a completely contented woman. . . .

6 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Your horoscope is on a re-kick! Sounds like you're doing well in the new year and learning something too. I got to get out of here in a minute and go to the gym as I have to teach tonight.

12:15 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - Did you ever read the story about the woman who was knitting while she was ice skating? It's in one of the KnitLit volumes. If you're interested, I've got it.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - no, but I did meet a very odd woman when I did the Avon Breast Cancer 3 day walk who knitted wherever she went, and intended to knit on the walk - - not sure if they let her do that or not (they had a lot of walking "rules"). I'd love to see it - I can't ice skate even w/o knitting!

sage - what do u teach??

1:26 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I was thinking I should hook an exercise bike up to the computer and make it so that the computer would only work if I was peddling. I'd have buns of steel in a month.

7:57 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I never underestimate my horoscope.

Dude, knitting is hard stuff when stationary! Knitting while moving is just asking for some sort of puncture wound.

6:01 PM  
Blogger PixieGaf said...

Kudos on losing 6 pounds so quickly! I still need to get my lazy ass to the gym.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home