Sunday, January 21, 2007



I got to sleep in until 9 today . . .

Well, except for getting up at 1:45, 3:30, 4:45 and 7. Please allow me to explain. I made two mistakes yesterday - I'm sure I made more - buying the coconut coffee creamer comes to mind - but two really stand out. The first was buying a Dentabone for Hanna, that claimed it would last a big dog up to an hour. Now, a dead cow wouldn't last a full hour with Hanna, but I was hopeful it would keep her occupied for some period of time - it did. It also gave her the runs, as I found out at 1:45 when she started barking for me to take her out. I grabbed my Uggs, put on a sweater, didn't bother with glasses, and we went out. Same thing happened at 4:45. At 7, I did add my glasses and had some lonely guy hitting on me, trying to talk about the weather, but before my first cup of coffee, I am not overly receptive to conversation. (The intervening getting up at 3:30 was due to 5 young guys standing outside my window discussing all the girls they met that night after having a late night breakfast at the local diner. They were polite when I asked them to keep it down, and left shortly thereafter. )

Oh, and my other mistake - and I know better - was putting potato peels down the kitchen sink - guaranteed to stop it up. I did manage to clear it with a plunger and some drain cleaner though. And I am looking forward to chicken curry tonight made yesterday in the crock pot. I read in my "gourmet" slow cooker cookbook that slow cooker food is better the second day, and I have found this to be true. It seems to give the flavors the chance to meld and intensify.

For some sad, sad reason, I am pleased with myself for watching very little tv yesterday. My only viewing was an episode of Inspector Morse on PBS's Mystery Series. I spent the earlier part of the evening knitting (I have started a cardigan - this will be my first attempt at buttonholes), and listening to "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie.

Now, Sunday lies before me . . . and the girls and I are heading out for a walk. Have a great day!

10 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

I can relate all too well to your experience with Hanna. When I take Wally to work, people will sometimes give him things like...oh...Pizza, and then he won't feel very well at night. At least I have a tiny front yard where I can just let him out and not actually have to deal with walking him.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're much kinder than I would have been with people waking me up outside my window.

5:03 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I have to say I am a bit spoiled. Stinky doesn't rattle his collar until dawn.

And you would have to gather all the males in the village to form a group outside my window. And most are married, so the topic would be sports.

It's pretty quiet.

8:14 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I'm spoiled. I remember living in cities where the buses would start running at 5 AM and wake me up, but not here.

The potato peels down the garbage disposal is a lesson that seems to need to be relearned at least once a year.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I would have wanted to cut a fool if they were outside my window at an ungodly hour talking loudly. I need to get my sleep on!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

The good news is that I live near the beach - the bad news is I also live near a rowdy bar and a 24 hour diner - so noisy late nights are not uncommon - you learn to pick your battles . . .

8:48 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I hope you had a great day after that sleepless night.

11:20 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Aww, poor Hannah. I hope her tummy feels better!

9:52 PM  
Blogger kookla100 said...

Sleeping in until 9am? What's that like?

BTW: Pelegrim is seeing a doctor tomorrow about his snoring. Otherwise, I'm going to the Acme Anvil Store and I'm dropping one on his head while he sleeps...

11:43 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - she is back to eating anything she can get her snout on

kookla - snoring is no bueno . . . Hanna snores once in awhile, but not at a man in the bed next to you kinda level . . .

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home