Tuesday, January 16, 2007




Meet the new Fudd, the same as the old Fudd . . .

I have been reduced to Elmer Fudd's level in my attempt to rid my kitchen of those rascally rodents. The first 2 were easy . . . but I was being thwarted by the third beastie, which was managing to lick the peanut butter off the outside of the electronic mouse trap without going inside . . . until last night. I have also learned that this is the order of preference for eating the produce in the fruit bowl on the counter:

  1. pears
  2. apples
  3. tomatoes (eat the pulp and leave the skin)
  4. potatoes

I know I shouldn't be leaving produce out, but how else will the pears ripen? Not that I got to eat any of them. I will tip my hat to the meeses on this point - they will stick with one piece of fruit per night, and eat a big chunk, rather than eating a little bit of each.

So, in summary, after being pretty rodent free for a couple of weeks, I have caught 3 in the last 4 days. That reminds me - time to load up on more batteries.

16 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

All I can say is ugh.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - yep, that pretty much sums it up

2:35 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm starting to believe you have a bunch of those little cartoon mouse holes in your house. Like from Tom and Jerry?

Here's hoping there is an end in sight for this little problem.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - yeah! or like the "Littles" where they have a mini living room and furniture?

6:55 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Don't start giving them cute personalities!!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - no, I am working to stay distant from the critters. I do have to say though, that this electronic trap is pretty impressive - a big step ahead of spring traps, glue traps or poison . . .

7:51 PM  
Blogger LA said...

You totally need a cat.

Hey, I heard it snowed in Malibu tonight!

9:53 PM  
Blogger sage said...

i want to be able to leave fruit on a counter without having rodents helping themselves.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - agreed!

sage - that is my current goal for 2007 . . .

hopefully I will have made a sufficient dent in the rodent popultion to be able to do so

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh UPDATE on the kittens. They are almost three weeks old now and one is a hunchback. Poor little guy is so tiny and his back legs don't work as well as the others.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Aw poor little hunchback kitty :(

You do need a cat. I bet the dogs will love it. My dog Shirley co-exsists happily with my cats.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

joe - oh poor kitty!

pru - the little dog grew up with kitties, but Hanna never got past trying to chase them . . . she and my old cat never did learn to peacably co-exist . . .

11:56 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

It snowed in Malibu? Did Jack Frost ask Mel Gibson's permission before allowing it to snow? Word is he owns that town.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I think it is time to invest in a cat. Would Nanners and Noodles aprove?

1:55 PM  
Blogger kookla@work said...

What are Nanners and Noodles doing while these creatures are taking over the house? Reminds me of that bulldog who could care less about Jerry, but harassed the heck out of Tom.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

nanners and noodles are disappointing as ratters. If the mice go between the wood slats on the back deck, they can hear them, and the dogs are fascinated - same if they get behind the cupboards. but they don't even raise their heads when the rodents knock things over in the kitchen.

It was a busy rat trapping night at Casa Diane on Wednesday - here's hoping the last of the rascals have been zapped . . .

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home