Saturday, January 13, 2007



I have written before about my recent problems with rodents, and about my solution. Last night as I was lay in bed, I could hear something on the counter, knocking things over . . . nice, huh? I got up and found some droppings along the back of the counter, so I moved the electronic rat trap to that path. I heard noises off and on through the night, but when I got up about 7 am this morning, the green light was blinking, and there was a rodent inside - dead. Disposal was easy, but I'm not sure if it was a big mouse, or a small rat.

One down, but there are bound to be others.

Addendum - my kitchen counter has become the official killing fields of So Cal - another mouse was in the Victor trap this morning . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

As long as they stay in the woods, fields, rivers, etc., I have no problem with them. But once they get into your house, and especially into your eating area, they must be stopped.

8:11 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I'm turning you into PETA!

Seriously, when living in the SW, mice took on a new fear, especially when the hetavirus (spelling?) was prevelant and being spread by the little rodents and a guy in town died from it.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - totally agree!!!

sage - yikes! hey - I did it as humanely as possible . . . I don't even mind the mice so much, but rats? YUCK!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Eeeeeeeek! I would faint.

7:50 AM  
Blogger kookla100 said...

This reminds me of the time we had roof rats. Pelegrim called an exterminator who set glue traps. We listened to one rat flopping around in the crawl space for almost a week before he fell between the walls and died, leaving a pungent aroma. We have been fortunate not to have that problem in our new home. Just the occasional possum.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

kookla - that is exactly why I'm using this electronic trap - it electrocutes them in the trap - the green light flashes, and you dispose of the body - no lengthy death thralls, no dead bodies in places you can't reach!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your capture:)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home