Thursday, November 02, 2006



Dancing with the boy stars . . .

To no one's surprise, all the D-List girl stars have been eliminated, leaving NFL Legend Emmitt Smith, and TV pseudo stars Mario Lopez and Joey Lawrence as the final competitors. My man Emmitt has been coming on strong, and I think he has passed Mario as the favorite to win . . . . For a big man, Emmitt is surprisingly light on his feet, is able to shimmy and shake without looking silly, and is very comfortable taking on an activity that some view as less than macho.

Will the all-time NFL rushing leader be adding DWTS champion to his list of accomplishments? He's got my votes!

7 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

My mom is cheering for him too. I never got into it, but thats because it conflicts with Grey's Anatomy and The Office. I had to prioritize!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Oh, if DWTS was on opposite the Office, I'd never watch it!

11:48 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I'm bummed because Scrubs is coming back but it will be opposite Grey's. I love both shows, but I'm going to watch Grey's.

Of course, that has nothing to do with DWTS. Emmitt sounds very likeable!

12:53 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Diane, what you said about Emmitt sounds like something a sports commentator would have said when he was still playing football: . . . For a big man, Emmitt is surprisingly light on his feet, is able to shimmy and shake without looking silly . . .”

I don’t know how he looks when he’s on DWTS as I don’t watch that show, but please don’t hold that against me.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - if you miss Scrubs, check out downloading it on iTunes - I downloaded last week's Office for 1.99

Dan - see I really do watch football, and I'd never hold not watching DWTS against anybody!

1:58 PM  
Blogger v said...

I'm not sure about Emmitt's stats but many RBs, like Jerome Bettis, have powerful legs and small feet which, I'm told, give them an advantage in being quick and nimble.

I'm not the biggest Cowboy/Emmitt fan but I hope he wins this crazy dance show because a professional athlete should beat two h-wood fairies at everything remotely athletic. EVERYTHING! lol.

8:04 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - Thanks, I'll probably do just that!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home