Wednesday, November 01, 2006


No, it's not Nanners or Noodles . . .

Last night, starting at 3:45 a.m., I could hear a dog barking and crying. It sounded nearby, and as I lay in bed grinding my teeth, I came to the conclusion that my next door neighbors had gotten a puppy, and they were making it sleep outside. In my mind I was composing the note to leave them about bringing the puppy in to sleep at night. At 6:30 a.m., I got up and went outside to confirm my puppy theory, and was surprised to find a yellow labrador on my door step, without a collar or tags. My best guess, or at least my hope, is that someone saw her out, thought she was my dog Hanna, and put her inside the gate. She was hungry and very, very thirsty, and after feeding them all, I took the 3 dogs out for a walk. (I had an extra collar and leash). At first she wouldn't come in the house, but she knows how to shake paws for a treat. So I’ll post her photo at the post office and see who claims her . . .

Fortunately, I saw one neighbor to apologize and explain . . .

ADDENDUM - my neighbor was walking her and the owner rode by - turns out her name is Honey . . .

8 Comments:

Blogger dit said...

At least she was left at a good home. BTW . . . Nice blog. 8-)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Oh boy, looks like you got yourself a new dog. May I suggest Nouget as a name? Nelda? Nemo? (It's a lovely dog BTW)

10:32 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

She's adorable! So you're not considering a new addition to your household?

What about Nanette, going with Nana for short? Like in Peter Pan.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Thanks, guys! Good name choices . . .

mishy - I'd like to keep her, but 3 dogs is alot - I don't have a yard, so that means multiple daily dog walks, and 3 dogs are a handfull . . . I might try to get my downstairs neighbor to keep her (if no one claims her), or another friend already said she knows someone looking for a Lab . . . and I feel like I should give finding the owners a try . . . I've printed up flyers, but I'm not very motivated to find the owner I have to admit

11:24 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Awww, she's really pretty and sweet! And obviously, her original owner is a shmuck for letting her get out. I take it there are no signs yet in the neighborhood looking for her. Poor baby, but I'm glad she wound up on your doorstep and not someone who isn't compassionate.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you catch Dexter this week? I thought you had a terrible neighbor situation at first:)

BTW... thanks for suggesting such a great show.

12:18 PM  
Blogger LA said...

So Honey is home now?

4:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

joe - I totally had visions of Dexter and the neighbor with the crying beagle - glad you like the show!

la - yes, Honey is home, and I kind of miss her . . . :-)

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home