Thursday, September 28, 2006

Where will you be in 100 years?

What, you may ask, is that? It's an Eternal Reef, and where I hope to be. According to the website, "Eternal Reefs, Inc. creates permanent living legacies that memorialize the passing of a loved one. For families and individuals that choose cremation, Eternal Reefs offers a new memorial choice that replaces cremation urns and ash scattering with a permanent environmental living legacy."

Basically, they mix your ashes into a concrete "reef" structure, then they place a group of them in tropical areas where natural reefs have been destroyed, creating a new home for the creatures living there. I can't think of a better place to be buried . . . than under the sea.


5 Comments:

Blogger Clay said...

The reef sounds like a cool idea butI dont really care what happens to my physical body. I would like to think that my soul will be reincarnated. Matter cannot be destroyed so it has to transform into something.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I agree, but prefer to feed the fishies and become part of the ecosystem rather than taking up a plot of land somewhere . . . anyone who wants to visit, can go for a dive!

10:43 AM  
Blogger ffleur said...

what a cool idea (yes, I meant the play on words, its your punishment for making "under da sea" sing around in my head!)

8:14 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ffleur - Sebastian has been in my head too! :-)

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually love this idea. I also don't care what happens to my body after I'm dead, but think it's a waste to put it in a box.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home