Thursday, September 28, 2006



Three cheers for Ugly Betty!!!

ABC describes this show as: "In the superficial world of high fashion, image is everything. Styles come and go, and the only constants are the superthin beauties who wear them. How can an ordinary girl – a slightly plump plain-Jane from Queens – possibly fit in? If you took a moment to get to know Betty Suarez, you'd see how sweet, intelligent and hard-working she is. But few people do, because in the world of high fashion Betty is the oversized peg in the petite round hole. . . . . Based on 'Yo Soy Betty La Fea,' the groundbreaking Colombian telenovela that became an international phenomenon."

Salma Hayek is the executive producer and also "appears" in the show as the star of a telenovela that is always playing in the background of Betty's home.

I really liked this show, and it may be the show that gets me to try TIVO so that I can watch both Betty and the Office.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

This show looked really interesting. Unfortantly for me I don't get home until 8:45pm on Thursday and I am too cheap for Tivo. I will have to wait for the DVD release.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

ryan - how was the first day of school? I think you'd like the show - last night Gina Gershon guest starred in a campy role as a cosmetics mogul, and Vanessa Williams plays a cut throat magazine executive. The characters are a tad cartoonish, but still funny and biting

8:42 AM  
Blogger ffleur said...

what a cool idea. Betty looks like a lot of high school "ugly duckings" before they grow into beauties.

p.s. I work with a woman who wears braces. She is in her mid-40's and I think she looks so cute although she disagrees!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home