Monday, August 24, 2009




Today's lunch? A yummy Caprese sandwich.


I've been very bad about blogging lately. Partly because I've become a bit addicted to twitter and facebook. And even more so since I found out I can play Scrabble on facebook and on my iPhone. I am currently getting my rear end kicked hard by a couple friends.


I also took some time and knit a few hats to be donated to a shelter in NYC that serves homeless teens.


Oh, and I bought a ukelele this past Saturday. I played in the 4th grade. Well, we all did. And then gave a concert that I'm confident was fantastic. So, i bought a ukelele and a song and chord book and I may take some lessons.


The other big news is that with the passing of the late, great, Freddy the parrotlet, I decided to adopt a couple baby boy parrotlets. Thanks to LA, they have been given the names Calvin and Hobbes, and they should be home with me soon.



Reading wise, I just finished listening to all six Harry Potter books on my iPod - thoroughly enjoyed re-reading the series, this time audibly.

How are you doing????

8 Comments:

Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

I didn't know you were on Twitter? What's your Twitter name? I'm kitscat. Still debating if I'm going to keep the account, but it's been an interesting experiment so far.

I, personally, can think of no better names than Calvin and Hobbes.

5:41 PM  
Blogger sage said...

We've been missing you-the sandwich looks great and Calvin and Hobbes are cute, I just hope they don't get into the trouble that Watterson's two characters got into. I do FB, but I really see it for people who don't want to read/write... Haven't tried twitter.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I'm good! As you already know, I had an amazing trip to NYC...now I just need to find a job there!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I do FB & twitter... like FB better.

Now I havta go make a sandwich since yours looks so yummy!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Thanks all! I'm going to try to blog more regularly!!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Princess - I'm dle90742.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Glad you're back! Online Scrabble is awesome. WordTwist isn't too bad either. :) I'll bet the audible(?) Harry Potter was great!

6:10 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Welcome back to Blogger:) I've dabbled a little on Twitter, but don't really care for it. I do Facebook. If you want - add me as a friend. You can find me by my e-mail, domdan@verizon.net

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home