Saturday, June 20, 2009

THIS is the face of the great mouse hunter . . .
When I got up to get a cup of coffee at 0-dark-thirty this week, what did I find waiting for me on the kitchen rug? A dead mouse left for me by Miss Noodles.



Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Although my father died in 1977 and my grandfather in 1985, I have not been relieved of celebrating this Hallmark Holiday. Since my mother's birthday is June 19, the family always does a combined mom's birthday/father's day for my brother celebration. So, although I'm working most of the weekend, I'm also having a BBQ this afternoon. As usual, the family has requested that we BBQ filet mignons. I don't really mind buying 50 dollars worth of meat, but no one bothers to tell me who all is coming to the BBQ. This leaves me to guess how many steaks to buy. I had scheduled the BBQ for 4 pm, so that I could work earlier in the day. I discovered Thursday night that my mom had changed the time to 3 pm, so that my niece - who works at 5 pm, and who no one told me was coming - can attend. . . . sigh . . .



Any ways, the cake is in the oven, and dinner should be pretty easy to prepare.


I have a stressful Monday and Tuesday ahead of me, but then . . . I leave on Thursday for 5 days in NYC. I plan to spend a good part of it drunk in Central Park.



6 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Grace almost caught a rabbit the other day. I've never seen her run so fast.

3:45 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Filet Mignons? I want to come to your BBQ! Maybe Sam is trying to earn a steak.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - and when they do catch something, they shake it hard to break its neck - ingrained instinct

sage - come on over! (they did come out really tasty tonight)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I plan on spending a good part of my trip to NYC drunk too!

My cats caught a mouse a couple of wks ago and it definitely freaked me out! I hate those things!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Good job, Noodles! Hope the BBQ went well, and you have fun in NYC! (I'm jealous.)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

"drunk in Central Park"

It doesn't get any better than that!!!


=grin=

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home