Thursday, February 05, 2009

So - I had a busy morning working at home, and didn't head out for a walk with Sam until nearly noon. We get way down in Bolsa Chica a couple miles from home, and it starts to rain. We take cover at a closed snack shack, and are soon joined by a strange man wearing a back pack and carrying his sleeping bag in a bucket.

He claimed he was a life guard for 26 years and that he could still swim out to the oil platforms -with me on his back. He also mentioned that whenever it starts to rain, he returns to his home in Monterrey. Apparently, he travels on a special coach that can go from Long Beach to Monterrey in 2 hours.

I could deal with all this - although I was sort of ignoring him and checking email, except to tell him that the closest beer store was about a mile away - but then he told me he had just washed his beard this morning, and wanted me to smell it.

We gave up waiting out the rain, and got soaked walking home.


There is nothing Sam hates more (ok, maybe except getting her nails clipped and going to the Vet's), than being in the rain. Here she tries to recover from the trauma of getting wet.







Here is my project for the latest Knitters for Obama service project. As you may know, our president has called for Americans to re-dedicate themselves to serving others. We're knitting (and crocheting, sewing, quilting) for the Mattaponi native american tribe in Virginia. I'll be knitting in a 2 year old size. Even better, this is yarn and a pattern I already had in my stash.





I'm still working, but it's mindless stuff, so I'm also enjoying a Harp beer - cheers, all!

6 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I would have to have had a lot of beer to try the line about smelling my freshly washed beard. I think I'd gotten wet too.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Drinking while working sounds like the perfect combination!

One of my pet peeves is having wet feet!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

He wanted you to smell his beard? Strange.
Poor Sam trying to get dry, but cute picture!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thank you. "Smell My Beard" is now going into my conversational rotation.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, good on you, Diane, for continuing with Knitters for Obama. I love your latest creation!

As far as the bearded weirdo, you & Sam did the right thing by getting the hell outa there even though Sam prolly didn't thing so at the time because of the rain. :o)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home