Sunday, January 18, 2009






I don't want anyone to get too excited, but we are making progress with Freddy. I bought some new food bowls that I've placed at (what seems to me to be) better locations in his cage, and Freddy has tried out some sunflower seeds and other goodies from his seed mix. As of yet, I don't think he's eaten any of his nutritious pellets that are supposed to be the primary staple of his diet. Baby steps.
Today's fresh fruit is pineapple!

My latest iTunes appplication purchase ($9.99! which is pretty high for the apps), is iBird Western that is supposed to allow you to identify over 700 birds of the western states, and even plays the songs and calls. The graphics are very good.

I'm pretty sure this is a house finch.







I finished up this sweater this weekend, using yarn that I bought in NYC last June. This yarn is Aruacania, which is infamous for having a pretty wide color variance between skeins, but I swear the color changes aren't so obvious when you're wearing the sweater. Particularly, if you avoid standing still in bright sunlight. You can try to avoid this by using two skeins at a time and alternating rows, and maybe I'll try that trick next time. It fits well, and it's pretty, and is almost the same color as the last sweater I finished. Perhaps it's time to mix up my color palette. Yesterday I started another sweater, which hopefully will come out looking like this



It's another gorgeous day here, and we'll be off for a long walk in a bit. That is, if I can get Noodles up and out of bed. It didn't take long for us to give up rising with the sun in Hanna's absence . . . .

Happy Sunday, all!

6 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

those bird calls are a neat idea--but how can you learn so many calls? Lovely sweater!

As per your ending comment (re, the Steelers), did you have a religious conversion sometime last weekend? ;)

1:00 PM  
Blogger maggie moran said...

Yay Freddy! Um, I want the gray sweater when you are done! ;D

1:45 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - I actaully like the Steelers . . . when they are'nt playing the Bolts!

maggie - I'll let you know how it comes out!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Beautiful sweaters, Diane. You should start an Etsy boutique.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I really do love the color of the sweater you finished. Glad to hear you had a good wknd and Freddy is adjusting a little bit more!

7:12 PM  
Blogger LA said...

That cable in the middle of that sweater looks challenging. Totally worth it, but challenging.

My favorite iTunes application to date is Shazam.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home