Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm "working" at home today, (ok, sort of), and taking care of a few things. A local guy is replacing the old, rotting wood on my front porch. Here's the new wood.



When you live in a 60 year old beach house, you basically end up replacing it one board at a time, and the new wood on the porch is a big improvement.


I'm totally digging the cable pattern on this sweater, and how fast it is coming together.



While the rest of the country is buried in snow and ice, I had to take my car in today to get the AC fixed. It's 80 degrees today, (so the paint on the porch is drying really fast), and I'm heading out to my mom's tomorrow where it will be even hotter. Sam and I had breakfast near the mechanic's, then walked home.


I think I'll try to hitch a ride back . . . Sam is beat.


This weekend I'll be . . . making Valentines. I'm participating in a Valentine's Day card exchange on Knitters for Obama, and for some reason I thought I'd get on the home made card band wagon. Here's the thing though - this group is full of a lot of very creative and talented people. My cards look like a 3rd grader made them . . .


It's the thought that counts, right?


It's Super Bowl weekend, and I'm not all that interested. I hope the Steelers win, mostly because (1) I sort of like the Steelers; and (2) I don't like Kurt Warner and the Cardinals. Neither is enough to get me excited for the game. On the other hand, I'm loathe to ignore an excuse to drink a couple beers.


What do you have planned?

p.s. Since Sam is none to fired up for a walk back to the mechanic,

I'm inordinately proud of myself for deciding to take the bus instead of bumming a ride . . .

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris Wilson said...

I have a different chip and beer combination planned for each quarter. I'm such a foodie.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Chris - food and drink will definitely be the high point of the game.

2:07 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Come on, get into the game, I may even be wearing a tie (the first for a superbowl for me!)

3:55 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Oh, people still have AC? (this has been a cold and snowy winter!)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Yup, it's been snowing, snowing and snowing here! I am really sick of it!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Ugh, I'm working the after party tonight. It will be tedious but hopefully the fans be throwing around some big money.

8:15 AM  
Blogger LA said...

The porch looks great! Had fun at dinner in Culver City last night. I highly endorse the restaurant Bistro de L'Hermitage on Culver Blvd.

http://www.bistrohermitage.com/

9:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home