Friday, January 23, 2009


The rain they've been predicting all week has finally come to So Cal, but earlier this week, we were still experienceing spectacular sunsets.
This week has been interesting. Work has been stressful, and my evenings are filled with knitting, hanging out with Sam and Freddy, (who now eats from his seed mix! Way to go Freddy!), and watching videos on Graboid.com. Check it out. I was able to download videos of episodes from a couple of my favorite British TV shows that are not yet available in the United States. Graboid offers some viewing for free, and then different priced plans.
I am making progress with my sweater; since it's knit in the round, it's delightfully mindless and quick.


On the bad news side of things, it looks like I'm going to have some surgery in late March that will require a hospital stay and some recovery time off work. My primary concern is that I'll be healed in time to go to Maui the last week of May. I've never had a hospital stay, and only had minor surgery on an out-patient basis.

I am not happy about this news.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Wow--I wouldn't be happy either! Hope all goes smoothly between now and then. That Maui trip will be a great reward. :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Bummer about the surgery and the hospital stay, may it go smoothly, keep us posted and we'll have you thoughts and prayers.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Warm prayer vibes your way, Diane.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Sometimes the worst part about surgery is thinking about it! Well, it was for mine at least!!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

You should stop working on that sweater now and sue it as a skirt.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

I'm sure everything will be fine and you will absolutely love Maui. Focus on that.

When I first saw that sunset pic, I thought it was Monument Valley.

9:23 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I understand your nervousness about the hospital, but speaking as someone who has been hospitalized on several occasions, I can say you don't have much to worry about. It's not as bad as you think it will be. I hope your surgery goes well. On the upside - morphine drip!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Edit beat me to it! I was going to say at least you'll have a morphine drip and Oprah on the tube. Ahhh that's actually my idea of a great vacation.

9:50 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I, too, am a fan of morphine drips. I will keep good thoughts for you as your surgery approaches. You're the picture of health, you'll do great and be back on your feet in no time.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home