Sunday, February 08, 2009

It's been a good weekend.


Both my mom and I worry that my brother doesn't eat right, so I've been doing some cooking and sharing it with him. Today's recipes were awesome: Moroccan Chick Pea Chili; Slow Cooker Angel Chicken; and Toffee Blond Brownies. I'd recommend any and all of them!

Remember that gray sweater that I should have done by now?



Well, Friday I had to unravel the entire sweater (except for the sleeve), and start over again. Knitters know this as "frogging;" because you have to rip-it, rip-it (ribbet, ribbet). I went to my local yarn store to pick up some yarn to use to teach a gal at work how to knit a scarf. Her mom is bravely battling cancer, and her sister will pass soon (she has Down's Syndrome and a lot of health problems), and she needs something to help relieve the stress. Even when I have to frog 3 weeks of work, I still love knitting, and I hope she will too.

Of course, while I was there, I bought some gorgeous yarn for myself too . . .

The weather has been hit or miss all weekend, but we finally got in a long walk today. Here, Sam wonders how she can catch the seagull flying above her.




How was your weekend?



7 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I love that picture!

My wknd was good, very relaxing and stressfree!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

I like that color gray--I'm sure it will turn out well after all the frogging! :)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

This weekend I spent cleaning up because I am a frogging slob.

7:39 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I love the picture of Sam! I had a great weekend--it was warm (got to 50 on Saturday) and sunny. I sat on my back porch in the sun, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, reading.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

I don't know much about knitting but I do paint quite a bit and it amazes me how my mind completely shuts out all external noise. I imagine knitting must be like that.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Catastrophe Waitress said...

what amazing blues in that picture!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home