Sunday, January 11, 2009

LIFE IS GOOD!





Sam enjoys the sunny weather during our walk along Bolsa Chica today by rolling all over a worm that she found in the grass . . .



Although I had to work for a couple of hours today, overall I had a good weekend. Sam and I went to lunch yesterday at Henneseys in Seal Beach. I wasn't sure how Sam would deal with being slightly separated from me, with her leash tied to a railing, and her sitting on the sidewalk. Turns out she was quite content sitting there, and greeting all the passersby.

A fella we know and his big white male pit bull stopped by, and every little kid who went by stopped to pet her. It was pretty funny to see that 90 percent of people passing by talk to a dog sitting there by herself. As I was enjoying my lunch, I noticed Sam lunge at something and turned to see the biggest freakin' (but mellow) rottweiler that I have ever seen. His head was as big as Sam. Good move, Noodles! (Until yesterday, the biggest rotties I'd seen were the muzzled police dogs patrolling the tourist areas in Lima, Peru. They did not appear to be mellow).

We went on our long walk kind of late, and this was the sunset on the way home yesterday.




I know it's only been two weeks, but we are making progress with Freddy. I've now seen him drink water, and yesterday he ate some of the fresh orange slice I put in his cage. To be a successful parrotlet parent, I'm supposed to be encouraging him to eat an impossibly complex and diverse diet. A certain percentage of pellets, a smaller percentage of seed mix, augmented with treats like millet seed sprays and fresh fruits and vegies. He has two dishes - that go untouched - containing the pellets and seed mix, but so far, his diet is 99.9% millet seed and .1 % fresh orange.
Last night I met some friends at a local bar to listen to some music and to dance a bit. It was fun! Made a yummy frittata recipe from a recipe by Rachael Ray, had lunch with my niece, watched (most of) the crappy Chargers game, and now I'm watching Nero Wolfe dvd and knitting a sweater with the yarn I bought in NYC last June.
Back to work tomorrow . . . hope you had a good weekend, too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

It sounds like you had a perfect wknd!!! Let's hope that we both have a good wk! =)

8:00 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Nice photos of Sam and of the sunset... As for the crappy Charger game, that's a matter of opinion. Go Steelers!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Loving all the pictures (especially the wrestling face in the previous post)!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

If only it were socially acceptable for me to roll around naked in the sun on some grass. I would have had a good weekend too.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I'm with Ryan. If only....

2:37 PM  
Blogger dit said...

Dogs love stinky stuff huh? lol

WOW! What a nice place to walk too.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

The sunset yesterday was so brilliant. Coming down out of the Newport Beach hills heading to the coast, the sun was down and the sky was a brilliant orange, silhouetting Catalina. The ocean was iridescent, an almost blindingly pale blue.

12:15 PM  
Blogger LA said...

For a little girl, Sam has the heart and guts of a lion!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home