Sunday, December 07, 2008



(The paperwhite bulbs are back in bloom and smell heavenly).
Sam and I celebrated my new weight loss total of 9.8 lbs., by over indulging in good food and drink yesterday. For breakfast we split a breakfast burrito at Nick’s Deli.
We later stopped in the local pub for a beer while we submitted our football pool picks, (my brother won the pool last week, and 250 dollars), did a bunch of Christmas shopping, then went to the place on the Harbor with outdoor seating, so dogs are welcome. Lots of boats were decorated with lights for the holiday parade. There we enjoyed a glass of pinot grigio, a steamed artichoke and some chicken potstickers. No one gave us a second glance since there was a male Scotty named Sam who was actually sitting in a chair at the table with his people, wearing a paper napkin around his neck, and patiently waiting for bites of a hamburger patty.
So, after that day of feasting, today we got up early and walked 4 miles along the coast. Here, Miss Noodles leads the charge.
Today, was more holiday shopping, and and I bought my tree, though it's not getting decorated today.
My present to myself arrived this weekend - a Bose docking station for my iPhone/iPod - that didn't cost me a dime! (I used my American Express Rewards Points). The sound is truly amazing!
Work will be hectic this week, but my house smells like Christmas, and I can listen to good music, so I got that going for me!
How as your weekend?

7 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Congrats on your weight loss!

It sounds like you had a perfect wknd! I was SO incredibly lazy this wknd it's not even funny. I have a very busy week at work this week so it was probably a good thing!

4:36 PM  
Blogger sage said...

My weekend wasn't bad considering I worked a lot! Wow, what is your weight loss secret and are you turning Samantha into an alcoholic? :)

7:56 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

My weekend has been really busy. I went to Ski Dazzle (the snow convention show) on Fri night, was on set of a film shoot Sat and Sun and managed to go to the motorcycle show in LB on Sat night. Whew! I now need a break from my weekend.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

kat - thanks!

sage - sort of semi-doing Jenny Craig, and I always make sure Sam is walking, and not driving!

edit - can't wait to see you on the Ninja

8:45 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Nice except for Bama's SEC Championship loss. :(
Congrats on the weight loss (that's a good kind of losing). :)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Keep up the good work!
I think Samantha will keep you on your toes, seeing as how she likes those really long walks.

1:52 PM  
Blogger LA said...

A free Bose is always a reason to celebrate! Congrats on what I call a solid 10 pounds weight lost!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home