Sunday, November 16, 2008


One of two ginormous pigeons enjoying the bird bath this morning . . .


The air quality in so cal today is miserable because of all the fires. It's so bad that they cancelled the Pasadena Marathon that was scheduled for today.


I was chatting yesterday with a local fellow who worked the polls on election day and learned that at the end of the day, at each polling place, they post the results of the election at that location. 800 of my neighbors voted (the town population is only about 1300). We voted against Proposition 8 - the proposition to ban gay marriage), and we voted for McCain - but only by 10 votes. This is Orange County where McCain won by a landslide (and Prop Hate passed by a landslide), so I'm pleased to know that my neighbors didn't follow the trend.
My team - the sucky SD Chargers - is playing my neighbor's team - the Pittsburgh Steelers -today, so we may go watch the game at a local bar - loser buys. I best make a quick run to the bank before game time.

9 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

What's on fire? I didn't hear.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

pru - Montecito by Santa Barbara, Corona, Anaheim, Brea and Sylmar

11:47 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Pru - Everything.

If you fly in, BYO facemask and oxygen.

Good luck to the Chargers! I have the feeling I'd be very unhappy if I knew the Seal Beach election results.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Diane~ Hope you're not near the fires. Please be safe.

As far as football goes... we have the worse team. The Detroit Lions have won zippo! none! notta!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That's really too bad about the fires!!

3:43 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Under a canopy of smoke and ash just a couple of miles southwest of the Diamond Bar fire, we're hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law. The ladies are playing shower games in the living room, while the men are hanging out in the kitchen watching football. We can't go outside or we'll choke on the smell. San Diego just choked in Pittsburgh. Oh well.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I hope you didn't bet on the spread of the game. You may wind up in a fist fight.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Chris Wilson said...

The air quality in south OC was fine this morning. I thought my daughter was in for a no recess day.

Too bad for those Chargers. Lose Norv and bring back Marty!

9:03 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Good thing you made the bank run, Diane! Sorry, but having spent three years in grad school in Pgh, I am a fan... I hope the fires are getting under control out there--it looks wicked.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home