Monday, December 01, 2008

This is the view from my lap for most of the weekend. Louie as close as possible, (he'd be happy to sit on your head if it was only a bit softer), and Samantha far enough away from him that he can't swat at her head to try to get her to play.


I hope everyone had a good weekend; I did. I watched a few movies - Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, (seriously, Spielberg? a freakin' space ship?), Kit Kittridge, (which was surprisingly good, and given it's setting - the depression, sadly applicable today), and Iron Man (love Robert Downey, Jr.; could do without Gwyneth Paltrow).
Yesterday, my niece and I headed into LA to see Spring Awakening at the Ahmanson. I saw it in NYC, but my niece wanted to see it, and we both really enjoyed it. Brief nudity and simulated masturbation made it just scandalous enough to titillate a 19 year old. She couldn't wait to tell her friends all about it.
If anyone knows of any careers with 3 day work weeks and 4 day weekends, please let me know!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Wilson said...

My uncle is a firefighter (Captain) and has a pretty cush schedule, so much so, that he can own and operate a construction business on the side. Its not 3 on and 4 off but its close.

9:21 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I could live with that schedule!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Doggies keep us grounded.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home