Thursday, February 21, 2008



We had a mouse in the house last night . . .

I have periodically had problems with mice coming into my house. I live near the beach and next to a vacant lot, so it kind of comes with the territory. I was awakened about 11:30 pm to the sound of Hanna pawing at the baseboards in the kitchen. Miss Noodles figured out there was something exciting in the air before I did, and ran into the kitchen. But while Hanna continued to look in the area where the mouse had been, Noodles figured out something was in a corner behind a box of garbage bags and a bag of aquarium rocks. After a few sniffs, she leapt behind the bag and came out shaking her head vigorously with a small mouse in her jaws. My little ratter. She dropped the poor little thing and Hanna snatched it up, convinced she had found a great squeaky toy. I managed to distract the dogs with a milk bone, and wrapped the mouse in a towel and took it downstairs, so it could die in peace.

Of course, the last time this happened, the mouse survived, and I ended up re-habbing it, and releasing it. His name was Elmo, and that is a story for another day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I hate mice! That's why we have animals, to protect us!

That was really sweet of you to take care od Elmo the mouse!

5:32 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Dogs as mousers! I've taught Trisket to chase squirrels from birdfeeders, but even when he catches the squirrel, he lets it go.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

You... you rehabbed a MOUSE?

You are a bigger person than I am.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I hate mice. They creep me out beyond words. I am such a girl. Oh well, more power to you Diane.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
skip bin hire brisbane
hire a skip bin near me

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home