Sunday, October 07, 2007



Another volunteer sunflower . . .

I've been checking the weather every day in NYC and the Berkshires and it has been in the mid to high 80s . . . it looks like it is finally starting to cool off, so hopefully I will have some nice, crisp autumn days for my holiday.

I did most of my packing this weekend, and it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. Luggage-wise, I should be A-ok.

It looks like I won the local pub's football pool this week . . . I was 11 - 1 after the first 12 games, and regardless of what happens with the Sunday and Monday games, no one can catch me. The pub has been closed for some renovations, so it wasn't at it's usual $300 level, but I should win about $160 to add to my vacation fund.

The Angels completed their poor post season play today, losing their third straight game to the Red Sox . . . on the other hand, the Chargers emerged from their stupor . . .

Monday and Tuesday look to be hectic, but vacation is just a few days away . . .

I spent a summer in Edinburgh, and after awhile, I developed enough of an ear for the Scottish brogue to get by . . . so I'm laughing that the BBC movie Low Winter Sun, set in Edinburgh, has subtitles. . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Have a great time Diane--it should be cooling by later in the week--I need some time off but won't get any until the week after Thanksgiving

2:41 PM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

diane, have fun on your vacay.

i will have to live vicariously through you. being low on funds, nonambitious and sponging off family, i'm a long way away from any change of scenery in the near future.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Have a great time. I envy you. It's still 90 and humid here.

4:54 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

The weather finally turned cooler here, with some much needed rain. I think you will also be happy with the autumn color.

10:05 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Have a fantastic trip, Diane. That's cool that you got that extra football pool bucks! And if you see Mitt Romney in MA, give him a swift kick in the ass for me.

5:12 PM  
Blogger v said...

lol@LA

Yeah, have a spectacular vacation. Be sure to take many photographs!

And after you're done with LA's request, please give Steinbrenner a swift kick in the ass for me, Joe Torre, and true Yankees fans across the nation.

6:49 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Yeah, the Angels didn't look too good in the playoffs at all. Let's hope that Boston losses to the Indians!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home