Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A new season of Dancing with the Stars . . . last night was the ladies, tonight was the gents.

Starting out tonight . . .


Cameron someone from All My Children. Good looking, can't dance, played the "I wore braces on my legs as a kid" card.




Every season they include an athlete out of his element, and this time around it is boxer Floyd Mayweather. Kind of a natural, if he can channel all that energy and rhythm and pick up some technique. I texted my votes for Floyd.




The future winner? Past Indy 500 champ, Helio Castronueves. This guy came out and danced the fox trot like he was channeling Fred Astaire. If ABC was willing to give up 12 additional weeks of revenue, they could just give the mirror ball trophy to Helio now.




Next up, model Albert Reed. He's 22, goofy, and I have no idea why he's on the show.




Apparently, being a billionaire isn't a full time job, so Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban found a way to embarass himself on tv during the NBA's off season. Oh, and he just had hip replacement surgery.




Finally, the perpetually cool Wayne Newton filling the role of the older, likable male contestant. He's slim and has an excellent plastic surgeon, but isn't much of a dancer.
Rumor has it a few of the ladies can cut a rug, but from the fellas, Helio is a shoo-in.

11 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

I intend on enjoying this show!! (Through your posts!!)

6:58 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Thanks for keeping this "two left feet guy" up to date on a show that I'm pretty sure he'll never watch!

9:01 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Helio has it in the bag.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I think somebody would have to have a gun pressed against my skull for my to even watch a minute of this trash. I still love to you bits and pieces Diane.

That reminds me America's Next Top Model is on tonight. "Tyra Mail!"

OMG I think that I may have a problem...

3:06 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - I'll do my best not to disappoint

sage - it may inspire you to new ballroom heights! (ok, probably not)

mishy - totally!

ryan - we all have our guilty pleasures!

3:11 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I ditto Ryan on this one (about Dancing, not about Tyra). But thanks for watching it and keeping me informed so I don't have to watch it myself.

3:16 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Who is dancing with the one girl who won two consecutive seasons?

4:47 PM  
Blogger LA said...

p.s. Mark Cuban is a total tool.

4:48 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I once took a class in ballroom dancing--it was a disaster that I've tried to forget...

7:07 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - two time winner Cheryl Burke is partnered with Wayne Newton and last year's winner, Julianne Hough is partnered with Helio

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually caught the second show and sort of paid attention.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home