Sunday, September 30, 2007


Dexter is back on Showtime . . .
And it looks like Dexter has lost the killing touch. Dexter's life as the world's only principled serial killer is falling apart, and it looks like this season will be as good as last.
My weekend was low key, but nice. Some friends stopped by Saturday with their 3 month old baby, and Hanna was fascinated by her new baby smell. They have a black Lab, so the baby was completely unperturbed by being smelled from head to toe and back again. Labs seem to have a natural affinity for babies.
The girls and I stopped by a dog bakery (they sell dog treats, not baked dogs), and a dog breeder there informed me that Noodles is likely Basenji and Chihuahua . . . we know the Basenji part, the mystery other half seems to be Chihuahua or Jack Russell. Not that it matters.
I went on a cooking binge this weekend, so if anyone is hungry for Ratatouille, Florentine Frittata with Bruscetta topping, or Slow Cooker Chicken*, please feel free to stop by. I did HORRIBLE in the football pool after finishing in 2nd place twice in the first 3 weeks. However, I survived in the winner's pool while more than half of the folks are out in the first 4 weeks. This pool, which costs 20 bucks to enter, will pay out about $4,000 to the winner or winners . . . what a lovely vacation/Roth IRA this could fund!
Sigh, tomorrow is Monday . . . hope the week is good for us all!
*Easiest recipe ever: 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, two cans drained black beans, 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, jar of salsa. Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours. Awesome over rice, in tortillas or on its own. Serve with cheese, sour cream or guacamole.

9 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I'll have to try that chicken recipe. Sounds like you had a restful weekend.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I love the guy who plays DExter. How cute is he?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

i need Showtime to watch Michael C. Hall. I have heard nothing but great things about this show.

Brothers and Sisters second season began last night, and OMG it was GREAT!!!

12:38 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Dexter was AWESOME! What will he do now that they've found where the bodies are buried? I love that show...

Ryan - OMG - how can you watch that show with Calista's alien face on it?

1:17 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Lalalala, not reading anything about Dexter until I can get a chance to watch my DVDs.

You always seem to eat very well. Although, it probably has something to do with the fact that you use an oven...

1:41 PM  
Blogger THN said...

Is Dexter worthy buying? I don't have Showtime, so I have been thinking of picking that up on DVD.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - super simple and pretty darn tasty

pru - so much cuter than he was in Six Feet Under

ryan - first season out on dvd?

edit - totally agree

mishy - I do like to cook . . . and to eat!

adam - I would definitely recommend renting it

4:38 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I skipped lunch, so I'm starving and that recipe sounds delicious!

edit - I watch the same show as Ryan, and like Medusa, I can't look Calista directly in the eye. I'm afraid of turning to stone.

5:09 PM  
Blogger THN said...

Well then I'm definately going to add that to my list of things to watch. Although Nip/Tuck should be starting soon.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home