Wednesday, August 08, 2007





A late blooming Amaryllis, summer Snapdragons, and Cosmos! Some cheery things to get Wednesday off to a good start.


So far today, I have not left any documents at home, and I have not ruined any clothes. In fact, I am wearing a pair of spiffy new navy chinos from J.Crew, that I bought on sale, along with a lovely sweater I made myself.


Despite the fact that I am on day 3 of Nutrisystem, I am not yet supermodel thin. Go figure. And yes, I did start the diet before I blew out the zipper on my skirt yesterday.



Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday defended his five sons' decision not to enlist in the military, saying they're showing their support for the country by "helping me get elected."

Romney, who did not serve in Vietnam due to his Mormon missionary work and a high draft lottery number, was asked the question by an anti-war activist after a speech in which he called for "a surge of support" for U.S. forces in Iraq.

The woman who asked the question, Rachel Griffiths, 41, of Milan, Ill., identified herself as a member of Quad City Progressive Action for the Common Good, as well as the sister of an Army major who had served in Iraq.

"Of course not," Griffiths said when asked if she was satisfied with Romney's answer. "He told me the way his son shows support for our military and our nation is to buy a Winnebago and ride across Iowa and help him get elected."
I'd note what an idiotic comment this was, but this is the same guy who used to strap the family pet to the roof of the car (in a carrier) when the family went on cross-country vacations . . .


9 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

OK, that guy is a fucking idiot.

On the upside, your snapdragons look great. I used to love playing with those when I was a kid.

3:10 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Another quality politician.

Let me know how the diet goes, mine has not been working lately at all. I'm in need of some help!

3:58 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

My yard is currently an overgrown jungle. The humidity has been intense.

It's great you get such colorful blooms this late in the season.

6:28 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

His name is Mitt. MITT. He should be disqualified from running for anything based on that alone. Plus, from everything you said, he sounds like a total square.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

My newest hobby is slamming my congresswoman with snarky emails about her support for the war. She writes me all this shit about how proud she is that we are bringing freedom to the people of Iraq. It's insulting that she would think anyone would believe that line. I love how all the people who are behind this war wouldn't dream of fighting it themselves. If this country elects Mitt I swear to God I am moving to Canada.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

lol that woman is great. That guy is completely full of Mitt and I can't believe he is even being considered seriously.

I dunno what an Amaryllis is, but it looks incredible

10:14 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Pru - I'll be right behind ya. Mitt Romney is my least favorite candidate out there, and that's saying a LOT.

Diane - Glad your week is improving!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His name is Mitt. MITT. He should be disqualified from running for anything based on that alone.

Actually, his name is Willard, which is even worse. Makes me want to ask him to she me his pet rat collection. Willard is one creepy guy.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - they are one of my fav flowers

kat - ugh is how it is going!

flix - thanks!

mishy - omg! square is the perfect word!

pru - i'm with ya - i'm thinking the vancouver area

la - can you imagine?

budky - yikes - but couldn't they have come up with a better nickname than Mitt?

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home