Tuesday, August 07, 2007

This is pretty much how I spent Monday . . .

8:30 am - I headed off to work, dreading what promised to be a busy and hectic day. I had 8 documents that absolutely had to be sent out by mail. When I got to the office, I found that one of the documents was on my home computer only.

11:00 am - drive back home to retrieve document from home computer.

4:30 pm - head to friends' house to deliver dinner (they recently had a baby).

5:15 pm - realize I didn't confirm with my assistant the documents had gone out by mail.

6:30 pm - speak to attorney still at the office who confirms that it appears the documents were served by mail.

7:30 pm - unable to relax wondering if all 8 documents were served, I drive back to the office.

8 pm - confirmed. Drive home.

Here's hoping for a better Tuesday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I'll drink to that! Just coffee tho.

9:13 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Except for the baby, it sounds like that day was a write-off.

9:23 AM  
Blogger ffleur said...

I'm anal like that too. It sure makes for an awful day but how nice that you finally got that "confirmation" and could relax, albeit, at 8pm at night.

Tomorrow is another day.

11:31 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

You should get in the habit of e-mailing yourself documents, just as a backup. That way, when you realize it's only on your home computer, you have a backup in your inbox. I'm totally anxious about that stuff, too. I can totally relate to a late drive back to the office to confirm something's been taken care of.

1:57 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Whenever I send out documents, especially ones that go to the top of the food chain, I get bigtime paranoid....did I remember to include an explanation of the figures? Did I just completely miss something? I hate it!!! Then again, I tend to be a perfectionist at work, which can be good and bad.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home