Saturday, July 07, 2007


So I found this cute little thing running down the street today. As a dog owner, I can't ignore a dog loose and running around, especially since there is a lot of traffic in the neighborhood. I followed her for a bit, then called her to me - she's just as sweet as can be, but instead of wearing a tag with her name and number, she's wearing a zap collar, that clearly is not teaching her not to run off.


I brought her home, where Nanners and Noodles begrudgingly let her hang out. I put up a "Dog Found" sign with my phone number, and then a kid came riding by on his bike asking if anyone had seen a puggle running around; he was thrilled when he found out "Chloe" was safe and sound. Frankly, I think my choice of "Petunia" was a better name.

This morning the girls and I went to Home Depot, and bought some flowers, and my back deck, that was looking a bit worn down, has a lot of color now . . .

11 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Come add color to my dingy outdoor area, please!

2:17 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Awww, Chloe is such a cutie! I used to have a cat by that name (changed from the mega-generic "Callie.") I think Petunia fits that little face perfectly.

4:51 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

I LOVE pugs! They are the cutest widdle sausages in the world.

Your deck is looking great.

I just came back from a same-sex wedding. Had a wicked good time. Such fun and you know? They are the same as opposite-sex weddings. But no chicken dance.

6:02 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Nice color, as for the Pug, you're a doggie Good Samaritan

6:44 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I think the owners of the dog should invest in some tags!

Do you live right on the beach?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - 40 bucks at home depot - a couple hanging plants, a half flat of petunias, lavender and impatiens - simple, I'm telling ya!

la - she really was very sweet and happy

ffleur - I made the mistake when I gave her some food of putting it in a square tupperware - w/ that flat litte face, she c/n get the foo in the corners! hey - are chicken dances common at Cdn weddings?

sage - it felt good to have done a good deed today!

kat - every dog should have tags! sadly, no, not right on the beach, but I have a view!

10:16 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

What a Good Samaritan you are. I'm glad to hear Chloe was reunited with its owner.

The added color to the patio looks good.

8:40 AM  
Blogger ffleur said...

Diane: *sigh* yes, they do the chicken dance at Cdn weddings. And people of all ages get up and makes fools of themselves and its hysterical to watch. I've been to weddings with the Macarena too but hopefully that fad is over.

1:55 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Home depot has everything. Sometimes I go just to walk around and look at stuff.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

I've rescued lost animals once or twice. And I always am a bit sad to see them go, even though I KNOW I could never really keep them. Chloe is a particular shade of schmooshable, I don't know how you let her go.

The deck looks beautiful, anyway!

10:07 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm glad you gave that sweet little puppy a safe haven. And Nanners and Noodles tolerated her for the visit.

Your garden is lovely as usual. Maybe in my new apartment (I love saying that!) I'll start a little green space on my balcony.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home