Friday, July 06, 2007


I am blessed with good health. I have few complaints except for . . . skull splitting sinus headaches. I am on day 3 of one right now, and that is usually as long as they last, so I'm hoping for relief tomorrow. Until then, I live off off Tylenol/Advil/Excedrin Sinus Headache pills, and food so hot that it will blow the top of most people's heads off. Lunch today was a cup of chili with half a bottle of hot sauce poured on top. Does anyone remember the scene in the Sting, where Hooker (Redford) finds Gondorf (Newman) hungover and puts him in the shower? Then Gondorf takes a whole block of ice, puts it in a sink, breaks it up with an ice pick, adds some water, then dunks his whole head in it? I'd pay a thousand bucks to be able to do that right now . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger NY KAT said...

I go through phases were I get awful headaches, it's the worst. Some of the headaches I was getting was from my neck being out of a place, now that I go to a chiro. every month, I get a lot less headaches. Hope you feel better!

3:38 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

ugh. Sorry you have such pain sweet pea.

I get those headaches when I have a head cold. The pressure behind my eyes is horrible.

Try Chinese "hot & sour" soup. I use it for colds. You will sweat and your nose will run but its all therapeudic.

Are these headaches from seasonal allergies or could you have an operation to fix your sinus?

6:40 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Oy Vie! I feel your pain Diane. When I was 18 I had Endoscopic Sinus Surgery. I had chronic sinus headaches and infections all throughout high school. I am much better today, thanks to years of allergy injections, the surgery, and decongestants. I hope you are feeling better real soon.

7:32 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I wish I had a suggestion. I just hope you feel better soon.

8:37 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I don't get sinus headaches, I get stress headaches that will last for days. Thank god for narcotics.

8:37 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - OMG, I'm so sorry about this. Headaches suck. I am a migraine sufferer (knock wood, haven't had one in a few years), so I have total empathy for your pain.

4:50 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh dear. I hope you feel better soon! Sounds like they are the pits.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home