Thursday, May 03, 2007



Alright, I admit I have made my share of smart aleck remarks about Kid Rock, but today, I have to pat him on the back . . .

According to the AP:

"Kid Rock is lending a hand to a high school girls' golf team.
Six sets of golf clubs were stolen from coach Claire Neff's vehicle on Monday evening in Ypsilanti. Following reports of the theft, Neff said she got a call Wednesday from the country-rap-rock star offering to help. "I was just stunned," Neff said. Rock (real name: Robert Ritchie) said he would get new custom golf clubs to replace those belonging to Neff and five players from Milan High School, about 35 miles southwest of Detroit. Rock talked to pro golfer John Daly, who suggested calling TaylorMade Golf, the Detroit Free Press and The Ann Arbor News reported Thursday. TaylorMade agreed to send the clubs by the end of the week."

Nicely done, Bob!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I have never really liked Kid Rock, but I must say that it was generous gesture to replace the stolen golf clubs. I would get it in writing first, cause he could have been drunk/high when he made the statement.
I am bad.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

ryan - being bad doesn't mean you are wrong!

11:58 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

That's very un-douchebag of him, which is rare.

1:05 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Seemingly out of character for him, but still a very nice thing to do.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home